Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Best sets? Maybe Ten’s Adelaide set is better, but how does Seven Adelaide have a better set than Sydney?

2 Likes

Definitely the Ten News set in Adelaide, despite its size restrictions, is actually quite versatile and is better executed then other Ten News sets. However the Seven News Adelaide set, in comparison is quite bland to its east coast counterparts.

6 Likes

Don’t confuse bland with a tasteful restraint.

Ten Adelaide looks like a pokies venue. Perth’s set isn’t awuful.

Tens Adelaide set has an outdated desk and has no plasma behind the presenter so I don’t know how it’s the best set…

I respectfully disagree, at least in terms of Seven Sydney and Seven Brisbane. The Seven Adelaide set has aged remarkably well in addition to its useful versatility (IMO it looks its best when lit for TT). I’ve never been a fan of the current Sydney set, but the Melbourne set looks interesting.

We shall not discuss the Seven Brisbane set…

2 Likes

Or Perth’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’m not confusing it. I still think it looks bland, compared to the previous set with the twisted metal and wood. The angles used in the bulletin remind me of something from the late 1990s early 2000s.

I think the Brisbane set isn’t used to its full potential and they clearly have the space, think of the set used during 2011 - it definitely highlighted the brand at the time. As for Ten News Sydney set, I particularly think it would look better minus the screens behind Sandra, and a bigger desk too.

Again, I still think it looks rather bland, if they were to knock out the wall behind the presenters and show off the news room, I think that would add another level of gravitas to the highest rating news service in the city. However I will agree with you on the set being utilised during Today Tonight.

In terms of aesthetic it is certainly the most pleasing to the eye. A screen doesn’t automatically make the set the best!

2 Likes

Two screens and HD would however, make their set look even better.

2 Likes

The best set and by far the smallest. It makes the 9 regional news sets look huge.

1 Like

The extra screen is always utilised at the headline recap at 5.30pm. It is also seen at end of sport with the social media details.

2 Likes

How can Ten Adelaide make literal broom cupboards with only one camera angle (discounting presenter closeups) “look huge”?

Seriously if you haven’t gone to the channel 10 Adelaide studio you wouldn’t understand. The wide shots do the Ten Adelaide set/studio space justice and make it look bigger. This set is in a tiny alcove under the staircase. Having seen the two studios in person first hand. The nine news regional studio is about 1/3 bigger than the Adelaide Ten News studio/set. Nine just doesn’t make good use of the space. Their is a lot of unutilised space behind the screen which is not visible.

2 Likes

Actually the desk was replaced last year. I know the people who built it.

1 Like

I see, thanks for that. :slight_smile:

Ten News Adelaide’s Twitter shows some different set angles, e.g. from January:

It would be nice if there was some lighter daylight panels for the set during Summer (daylight savings), as the current pictures look out of place for half of the year. For major events, the extra/side television makes up for not having the three screens as found in other states.

4 Likes

Sandra next week:

4 Likes

Surprised Sandra wasn’t bumped for Lisa Wilkinson for a bit of cross promotion.

4 Likes

I rekon the eyewitness name will go when the new guy starts.

4 Likes

I can’t believe they’re actually using this from last night as some sort of confirmation this morning: