Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

sounds too much like the news revolution of 2011, which lead to the de-evolution we have now.

No thanks.

6 Likes

Based on the draft, one of these slots can be a national bulletin like the US does. Plus, any regional affiliate carrying Ten can insert their local news bulletin at this stage.

CBS will need to invest in news for one reason… more content. Not just for broadcast but for online opportunities.

6 Likes

Again, what would the second local bulletin cover that was not already covered in the first local bulletin. Why have two “separate” local bulletins one after the other for 90 minutes instead of a single 60 minute bulletin?

Bringing back themes will never happen full stop.

Unless they have thought they made a mistake like seven and the Sims 3 theme back in 2014. They will never bring back a theme.

2 Likes

Except when Nine went back to their old theme circa 2008, and when Seven changed theirs for a week or so in 2015?

1 Like

As far as I’m aware Nine didn’t go back to their old theme music, it was an update of the theme largely based on the pre-2006 version(s).

They’ve since updated their theme music too. Sure, there’s the main signature/tune from “The Mission” but it’s a different sound to the 2004-16 (minus the 4-5 day failed theme) version.

Whenever in the future Ten next decides they need a theme music change for their news, I reckon there’s a 99% chance of it being a new recording and 1% (or less) chance of an old theme being used again.

That said, CBS have a history of bringing back old themes eg: when James Horner’s “Couric theme” was dropped in favour of the original 1987 CBS Evening News theme for the Pelley relaunch.

5 Likes

I believe that all states (bar WA) will be getting the national bulletins on the 3rd of March straight after the Adelaide 500 (WA will still get it). The first since Bathurst 1000 where a bulletin aired after a motorsport telecast

1 Like

??? Both themes were brand new.

that’s one time?

It would be the second.

2 Likes

I meant commercial.

Tonight’s news with Hugh Riminton and Matt White:

11 Likes

Good weekend duo there, Amanda Hart isn’t bad on weather either.

8 Likes

Perth sport b/g has now changed to Perth Optus Stadium instead of WACA.

4 Likes

Hope someone has recorded the closer to Melbourne’s bulletin tonight. Got quite a bit of the theme uninterrupted!

3 Likes

There you go (the long closer at 58:26). Some nice shots of Melbourne CBD too.

13 Likes

Always have trust in ScreenTower! Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Good to see that… the end of Sydney’s bulletin is always rushed and often Sandra is cut off. Always such an untidy close.

4 Likes

…and doesn’t the sports guy usually do the signoff for whatever reason?

1 Like