Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

because, as has been mentioned numerous times before, the playout servers for the studio are still SD… and require a significant investment to upgrade.

3 Likes
Statement from Network Ten in relation to the resignation of Executive Director, News, John Choueifate.

Network Ten today announced John Choueifate has resigned as Executive Director, News, to pursue several business opportunities.

Mr Choueifate was appointed Executive Director, News, in April 2016. He was previously Network News Director and, prior to that role, Director of News, Sydney.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said a new Head of the News division would be announced shortly. In the interim, Network Ten Executive Consultant, News and Current Affairs, Peter Meakin, will oversee the News division in conjunction with the State News Managers.

“News is a critical part of Network Ten’s content and we will continue to invest in our local News presence,” Ms McGarvey said.

“TEN Eyewitness News First At Five dominates its timeslot and is a key part of the TEN brand and our content schedule, while the launch of our exciting and innovative new website ten daily this year will take our news content – and other content – to a new audience.

“We are committed to further expanding our commitment to News and will be making some announcements soon,” she said.

“I would like to thank John for his valuable contribution to Network Ten over the past four years and wish him all the best for the future.”

Mr Choueifate said: “My time at Ten has been enjoyable and I have formed many close relationships.

“I would like to thank each and every one of you working in newsrooms across the country for your professionalism and work ethic. You are all superstars in my eyes.

“It’s also been a pleasure working with some good people on other programs and in other departments across the business,” he said.

9 Likes

Here’s hoping sooner rather than later on this one.

12 Likes

Question I have is why does mcgravey still work there. She has failed on so many counts.

Shame that guy is leaving but good news if there’s expansion to come.

Seems like there’s some good news coming… fingers crossed!

6 Likes

Things have been getting fairly stagnant at Ten’s news department while the news services of other networks have been evolving recently, so a new Executive Director of News at Ten might turn out to be a good thing.

6 Likes

Like all of his tweets, I’d take this with a grain of salt - but I’m wondering what he’s eluding to here whether it’s in reference to the small staff numbers or he wasn’t widely liked through the news divisions?

The tweet has been liked by 2 former employees and Tom Arnold :joy:

1 Like

My guess would be: she’s done well considering she’s had a budget of 60c and some bellybutton fluff.

5 Likes

Translates from ‘TV press release speak’ to english as:
“has been told to leave…”

1 Like

God that man really does hold a grudge! :joy:

Hopefully some of the changes for ten news:

New bulletins- especially a late news. I reckon start it at 10pm.

Canberra bureau chief

Reporters working out of CBS bureaus in London and LA.

More live crosses.

12 Likes

How does 9.30pm local news sound? :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t suggest that because let’s face they won’t be able to get prime time done by then because of the stupid reality tv scheduling. Having the schedule align by 10pm may be all little easier.

1 Like

Here we go again…lets all brainstorm again haha!! :joy:

2 Likes

haha I was only mocking the forum when that was all everyone suggested :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Ten news has been the same for a while and so sydney centric. Let someone come in with fresh eyes and fix the mess!

2 Likes

It had budget restrictions because murdoch wanted it to run into the ground! And he was friends with him!

As a Melbournian I can be subjective in saying this but - I’ve never understood the “Sydney Centric” view point. Their weekend bulletins are always even and truly national. The only thing that I’ve noticed is that NRL is placed higher in the bulletin than AFL stories… but that’s a far cry from saying their Sydney centric.

4 Likes

what other states will say is that we hardly ever get noticed, as here in WA we will get the odd segment here and there shown on the weekends, rather than constantly.

1 Like