Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I know this might sound repetitive, but I personally believe that Ten should go back to doing just news and nothing but news (as opposed to ads…I mean Special Reports on Seven). None of the Ten This Morning stuff as well, but just a straight, early morning bulletin with a few additional tweaks to the format.

I suggest taking a look at the format of CCTV’s China News at 8am which is a straight bulletin with an international focus and a few other tweaks such as ‘What’s Making news on International Papers’, ‘Special Commentary’ and more. Of course some of the formats would be similar to Sunrise/Today like special commentary and Trending Online etc, but I think the best is for a fast paced news bulletin known as Ten Eyewitness News: Early Edition.

Have a female presenter (Natarsha Belling, Kimberley Soekov, Amanda Jason, Sandra Sully and the likes) as the main anchor as well as a male presenter as the co anchor (@lachlan_kennedy, Hugh Riminton, Matt White etc.) who will present the other segments standing up next to the video wall as well as presenting some stories.

But this should only happen after Ten gets its priorities right with their 5pm news.

4 Likes
13 Likes

Ugh, Ten demonstrating how woeful their newsservice is tonight. During the Big Bash, the top story of an update was “judgement day for the Aussie grandmother in Malaysia”… No specifics, despite the outcome of the verdict (not guilty) being released this afternoon and the update airing at 8pm Queensland time.

So obviously Ten didn’t bother updating their pre-recorded updates to suit. They didn’t need to do much more than recording one version for guilty and another for not guilty and then airing whichever one was the outcome.

4 Likes

Back row, second from left. Is it? Could it be?

:open_mouth:

4 Likes

NYE graphics:

2 Likes

Well done to Ten News who went to all the effort of covering a large bushfire in Melbourne yesterday evening by simply recording the helicopter feed from 7/9 without even using a “courtesy of 7/9” graphic on the vision. The whole live cross was vision from the chopper. Not one frame of vision they filmed themselves.

I know this has been discussed before, but is there now only 1 news chopper between 7,9,10 and the ABC in each city?

7 and 9 officially share a helicopter. ABC are also temporarily sharing this 7/9 helicopter until they sort a new contract with their previous provider or something like that. 10 do not have any access to a helicopter, except the Australian Traffic Network that goes up in peak hours on weekdays and films traffic.

7 & 9 are sending their chopper feed out live on Facebook.

No different to sourcing punter vision in the same manner.

I just found it strange yesterday that all 4 stations were using the same footage. I believe it was from the 7 news helicopter (That nine is also occupying).

Ten and the ABC should do a deal together.

Melbourne pool chopper is the former GTV news chopper. HSV’s former chopper is now the Adelaide pool chopper.

1 Like

As I understand it, ABC didn’t want to do a deal with Ten… so they struck out on their own (ironically using Ten’s chopper pad in Brisbame) but they backed out of that due to cost I think.

Im assuming TEN (and other networks) could still hire out multiple choppers if need be? just in case we have another Brisbane Flood or a Black Saturday incident.

I reckon there’d be budgets for that kind of thing.

All networks pool all vision these days for big stories hence why you see it on all stations. 7 and 9 share chopper in Perth. Ten have access to a an “adhoc” chopper if its a big story like bushfires etc

At the end of tonight’s bulletin, Candice said that Family Feud with Grant Denyer was up next. Woops! Big Bash was on next not Family Feud in WA

It was in Sydney. In those cases where it’s different programming they probably shouldn’t mention what’s up next.

I noticed yesterday a story that was specific to Sydney without referencing the national bulletin and words such as ‘across the whole state’ were used. Not sure they are too fussed by what we hear over here in the West.

2 Likes

IMO, it’s just the Sydney bulletin rebadged.
I don’t understand why anyone in Tas, SA or WA bother watching this alleged ‘national’ bulletin.

2 Likes

Tasmania doesn’t get the bulletin, as WIN airs its own half-hour composite bulletin at 5:30pm on weekends (at least when there’s no sport conflicting with it).

1 Like