Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I wonder if Ten will continue with its two week national bulletin over the christmas/new year period.

Yes they are

2 Likes

Note start times for Saturday 9 Dec

6 Likes

We don’t see Michael Cain reporting live into Queensland very often.

1 Like

Hopefully they get some use of the CBS US and UK bureaus, perhaps with some local talent heading up coverage from there.

Here’s the London newsroom:

4 Likes

Oh, so he went to 10 from NBN? When was that?

I think in Early 2016?

Do we think Ten News Melbourne will be providing extra resources this weekend?

is it because of the rain happening across the weekend

not required. one journo can make the story.

They’ll just log onto Facebook at 4:45 and download a few rain videos and call it a day.

3 Likes

Really?

I’m assuming tomorrow would at least warrant two reporting crews. Could Ten not account for that?

not needed. they’ll already have at least two maybe three cameramen working… that plus weather presenter with graphics will be more than enough.

(I don’t know how many normally work, but it’ll just be that.)

I had an idea (perhaps it’s been mentioned before) for Ten’s weekend bulletin where Ten take the Nine Regional News model and implement that on a national scale. The main elements of the bulletin would be shown live (AEST) with pre-recorded local inserts for news, sport and weather. For Perth the local insert could be presented live or at least recorded closer to 5pm AWST. Possibly only two versions of sport would be needed - NRL and AFL in winter and in summer, there may be little need for a local sport insert.

This would hopefully be an interim measure ahead of full local windows in the the future.

7 Likes

News going live into all markets this arvo, between the two WBBL games.

1 Like

6 Likes

Autocue incorrect tonight on Ten News Melbourne, with Candice Wyatt saying “time to check the Wednesday night traffic”.

Immediately improvising and correcting well “…Ooh, it’s certainly not Wednesday, Friday night traffic”.

Don’t see that too often.

NB/
Also with Sunrise / Seven Afternoon News traffic reporter Sarah Duffy, who I haven’t seen before.

At least she knows the mistake. Good improvisation for Candice.

6 Likes

So true.

Shame the same can’t be said for Virginia Trioli many years ago:

“You’re watching ABC News 24, I’m Michael Rowland” :confused:

9 Likes