Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Interesting.

The entrance animation on the “News At Five” Opener along with the theme music variant used in those clips was slightly different to what I remember seeing on TV back when the package was used.

3 Likes

Whoever did the music for that era needs to be banned from the industry.

As broadcast

2 Likes

I think I slightly prefer the non-broadcast version of the music - though my memory of that era’s theme is permanantly replaced with the one with the pips added.

By the way, a reminder that the official Ten News theme rankings are - 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with an honourable mention to this.

6 Likes

was my all time favourite.

3 Likes

This was one of their top themes - and created in-house as well:
TEN 10 Eyewitness News 1989 | audio only

1 Like

Yeah that was a pretty great one too, if short lived. I always loved how it emerged from the station ID theme.

1 Like

You mean the best theme Ten’s ever had?

1 Like

Surprised none of you have mentioned the current theme. It’s probably among my favourites :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Agreed. IMO It’s the best they’ve used since the original 1995 mix of the theme.

5 Likes

Secretly hoping they go with a classic local CBS theme.

Although most of Ten’s news themes with that four note signature since the mid-90s have been pretty good, I personally think Ten’s current news theme is possibly the best one they’ve ever had.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the pre-1994 Ten news themes have also been good but would any of those work well for a contemporary news service? Probably not.

9 Likes

All they would have to do is modify the 2011 set (keep the structure) and get a plasma for the weather.

Also, a new backdrop for summer would go a long way. :smile:

They have sooo much space to work with:

http://www.iceworksdesign.com/ten-news-brisbane/

12 Likes

Only looks about 10 x better, nice work.

3 Likes

I think their 1990-1994 theme is awful personally. I liked the 2005-2008 theme the most.

1 Like

This drumbeat was an iconic TEN signature for those of us who grew up with it:

and it sounded awesome over natural sound:

2 Likes

i really love the use of branding and texture in that old Ten News Brisbane set. Dare I say it, it was very CBS-esque.

Courtesy http://www.iceworksdesign.com/ten-news-brisbane/

12 Likes

This is my favourite from the past

Longer version

CTC 7 version

Glad I’m not alone about the current theme then! :stuck_out_tongue:
Ten’s is my favourite theme out of all the current news services.

11 Likes

Why they stopped using that set still confuses me. The three plasma look is so boring in comparison…

9 Likes