Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They really need to go with an open newsroom set now, or something simpler, now that this set is being moved around constantly.
The alignment of the screens is horrible, and the led strip at the bottom of the desk (in the opening shot) was completely off.
It makes the set look amateurish.

5 Likes

Still better than that 10 shades of blue on Seven Sydney set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I agree, They could get away with that for National bulletins, but i do see why they continue to use the screen for a localised backdrop… but that didn’t stop them back in the early days.

2 Likes

The Weekend Edition is just full of pre recorded stories made throughout the week. There is hardly any current news from today.

3 Likes

Ten had fantastic presentation up until end of 2013 there revitalised late news was the best and should have been rolled across all bulletins.They have a fantastic studio facility in Sydney and now underutilise the space,I really hope with CBS they revamp that news studio and restore 10 to the amazing news that use to be broadcast.

8 Likes

CBS might get out of Pyrmont and get somewhere more affordable with a bigger studio space. Who knows.

7 Likes

Exactly, and after all the cuts made at ten it’s left a lot of desks empty and too much free office space which isn’t viable for the future. Wouldn’t be suprised if they downsize their facilities.

1 Like

Ten News is coming from Melbourne tonight. https://instagram.com/p/BbV_rM7ByqN/

3 Likes

Was just about to say, either Sydney has had a set refresh (or that’s why they’re not presenting from Syd) or Tarsh is in Melb tonight.

7 Likes

I wonder if there are technical upgrades happening at Pyrmont this weekend? Because it looks like they’re using the Melbourne control room for tonight’s bulletin, with the VizRT graphics in SD.

6 Likes

start the H Y P E train!

3 Likes

As mentioned in the Presenters & Reporters thread, weather is being done on-location tonight. Quite unusual for the weekend bulletins, is it not?

I reckon there’s definitely something interesting happening in Pyrmont this weekend!

5 Likes

New ownership party probably

11 Likes

Probably everyone is hungover from the big party yesterday :cake: :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Now all I can picture is Sandra holding a triple-valved funnel for Paul Anderson, Tim Bailey and Jess Rowe giving the CBS execs an Aussie welcome.

4 Likes

They’re saving that for the Late News relaunch

1 Like

Opening shots from tonight

Live cross to Jonathan Lea in Vietnam

Duncan reporting for Ten again from Sth America

5 Likes

They are probably just fixing up the Studio 10 audience, which @blackbox mentioned they are moving.

I like the Melbourne set, the side view with the vertical plasmas looked good too. If only Brisbane had more of a set than just a desk and three plasmas.

9 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

A couple of HD Ten News title cards from 2009

8 Likes