Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The South Eastern states didn’t get a news bulletin tonight.

Although with last night’s bulletin and The Sunday Project (neither of which we had this time last year), at least that’s more than what we got on Bathurst 1000 weekend last year.

7 Likes

6:45 pm finish in Brisbane

7 Likes

With all the news of Studio 10 receiving a new set and moving into the newsroom, I do wonder if this means we’ll see any tweaks to the Ten Eyewitness News Sydney/national set e.g. new desk or maybe the faux wood panelling will go (which is well overdue imo)?

9 Likes

How come Sydney is the last one with faux wood? Surely Sydney would’ve been the first to adopt a new look, being the network’s main HQ?

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how Sydney handles their first 12pm news update which is the first of the day considering Studio 10 are essentially taking over the newsroom until 12pm when the show finishes, perhaps it will be pre-recorded (as I’m sure they already are) from in front of the news exchange during an ad break or green screen etc.

3 Likes

Or just a voice over like they sometimes do on the weekend.

2 Likes

Natarsha presenting the weekend bulletin in Melbourne (or Brisbane?) tonight:

9 Likes

I think that’s the Brisbane set, although the Sydney control room is still in use if the quality of the live VizRT graphics are anything to go by.

4 Likes

correct, Sydney controlling the Brisbane studio… so work can continue on the new Studio 10 space.

9 Likes

Definitely Brisbane

3 Likes

Yes, that is the Brisbane set because you can see the ugly panels. Should have been in Melbourne so they can at least do multiple wideshot angles.

@Lexington Do you know if there will be any changes to the Sydney set from Monday? Will the set be updated to look like the rest of the country or have a unique look?

3 Likes

not sure. but everything is on wheels so out with Studio 10, in with the news every day.

1 Like

8 Likes

Looks better than the National/Sydney set IMO.

3 Likes

Scott Mackinnon is not in Brisbane:

5 Likes

Looks like a green screen, no?

3 Likes

Yes.

9 Likes

With the national backdrop, I agree, it looks decent.

7 Likes

Because they’re literally in receivership?

The faux wood was introduced nationwide in the 2013 eyewitness rebrand. It was first phased out in Melbourne (Nov 2014), then in Brisbane (Aug 2015, Melb desk in 2016), Adelaide (2015/16) and Perth (Dec 2016).

My point is why didn’t Sydney make the switch either first or around the same time that Melbourne did. Receivership only happened this year, not three years ago…

Edit: correcting year of Melbourne change