Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Taking a break from the business of running a news department, and maybe in another lifetime, surely Pyrmont could be redesigned similar to Al Jazeera…

11 Likes

I actually thought that when I saw this image.

2 Likes

Is that set for sale? Al Jazeera won’t be needing it soon … :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Remember how Ten don’t have any money?

6 Likes

Maybe Al Jazeera could give it away?

4 Likes

Perhaps Seven might be interested.

2 Likes

No news again this weekend in QLD, NSW & VIC due to the Supercars telecast. Adelaide getting national news from 5:30-6:30pm and Perth from 5:00-6:00pm

4 Likes

Ridiculous that they couldn’t air the bulletin on Eleven or One

3 Likes

In this situation, why not let Adelaide & Perth produce there own news ???

6 Likes

Probably because there’s barely anyone in Ten’s Adelaide & Perth studios/newsrooms on Saturdays and Sundays.

1 Like

Obviously they would put people on like when they do the odd weekend bulletin.

1 Like

And so what does the already paid for team in Sydney do then? Just be grateful that they are bothering to produce a bulletin for Perth/Adelaide at all rather than showing repeats instead.

2 Likes

Plan in advance, this schedule didn’t just happen today.

Just air this Adelaide and Perth bulletin in the other markets at 6-7 for a once off during sports only lead ins.

6 Likes

It’s not like the 6-7pm content they have is so compelling anyway, news is often the highest rating show of the evening on a Saturday night so couldn’t have hurt to air it - especially if they were producing a national bulletin for the SA & WA markets anyway.

5 Likes

So boring to have the same discussion every time this happens. Seems rather pointless saying the same things repeatedly.

11 Likes

The numerous instances of Ten Eyewitness News becoming “Ten Nowitness News” on weekends due to sporting commitments reflects badly on Ten as a network, so I think the same discussion happens every time in the hope that things might change in the future!

Especially with the dire state their news service is in at the moment, Ten Eyewitness News really needs all the exposure it can get. If that means airing it for an hour at 6pm or on One/Eleven whenever weekend sporting commitments prevent the news from being shown in the usual 5pm timeslot, then so be it.

3 Likes

it’s not a new thing folks. Keep calm and carry on.

6 Likes

It’s also quite pointless when these things happen repeatedly. I’m off to get some sleep.

1 Like

After the disastrous news revolution, it should be written in Ten’s constitution for News to never air at 6pm. If that means no news for the night, so be it.

Ideally, the Supercars would finish at 5pm but we all know Ten has no authority there.

1 Like