Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I dare say Bruce is hedging his bets that he can swoop in once the reach rule is abolished and snag a FTA network for a bargain basement price. WIN then goes nationwide.

3 Likes

This is the darkest timeline.

14 Likes

I can NEVER see WIN go full FTA in my lifetime :slight_smile:

“bad”, “worse”, “disastrous”.
They haven’t told us about “catastrophic” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Acropolis Now marathons in primetime
 can’t wait.

2 Likes

I actually wouldn’t mind if WIN went national, as long as they matured and had a consistent brand and no big coverups, nice and clean.

5 Likes

Some highlights of tonight’s edition of Ten Eyewitness News Melbourne:

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen them use the 2 screens on the right of the set. Would be good to see them be used in a similar fashion to Seven News Sydney.

2 Likes

I do love the Melbourne set. That backdrop is a beauty (and I’m not generally a fan of cityscapes)

5 Likes

Ageee, the Melbourne backdrop is fantastic.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Some tweets:

6 Likes

Perhaps the biggest marketing effort for Ten Eyewitness News for some time.

22 Likes

It might be business as usual at Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five for now, but unfortunately I would probably still expect a major announcement about the future of the news service to be made by the network before the end of the year.

3 Likes

If any new owner comes in and shuts everything down and ceases all Australian output for imported shit watch revenues decline and the network will be even worse off.

3 Likes

There are strict Australian content quotas, so won’t happen.

6 Likes

If worst case scenario no one woulda to but ten how can it keep operating ?

They collect $350 million a year in revenue. Their costs are more than that. So it’s at a loss. But clearly there is money to be made if the business settings are right.

1 Like

Some insight from Ten’s coverage of its entry into administration:

• Deals with ‘American Networks’ (presumably CBS and FOX) are already being negotiated down to half their original price and administrators may sell them off.

• There is “no chance” the channel will go to black.

• The most likely scenario is that Ten will be recapitalised and relisted on the market within 60 days.

6 Likes

Well they could just start showing the NZ version of Family Feud and The Project

6 Likes