Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Its the same studio space they use for Studio 10 and, IIRC The living room. So its pretty busy.

2 Likes

Don’t quote me on this, but it looks like the graphic panels are the ones from the old set, and they probably just ship the desk up from Melbourne, so it’s more of slap dash than a real set. Looks to Project-ish for a news bulletin, and a talk show would cost too much. I like the idea though.

4 Likes

Does the Melbourne bulletin have a new backdrop?

Could someone please explain to me what is meant by The Project’s Sydney set? Hasn’t it always been produced from Melbourne?

It’s produced in Melbourne but they occasionally broadcast out of Sydney (just like Studio 10 occasionally comes out of Melbourne).

1 Like

I’m curious, does anyone have screengrabs that compare The Project and Studio 10 Sydney and Melbourne sets?

Also, what’s the reason behind sometimes broadcasting from the other city?

Sometimes its due to availability of guests. ie Tom Cruise was in Sydney, so broadcasting from there meant he could be live at the desk. They have done it many times.

1 Like

This post is the Sydney set

Sydney

Melbourne

5 Likes

Hugh Riminton is in Bali for the upcoming release of Schapelle Corby.

2 Likes

Whats the point of having a replica desk in Sydney when they only broadcast there a couple times a year…

2 Likes

Pretty sure the desk is shipped up whenever they broadcast from Sydney. When I was in the audience in Sydney one time they had a massive wooden box the shape of the desk in the hallway/entry.

2 Likes

Interesting, so the Sydney set is basically just the old set with those rounded floating frames removed and a new screen behind the desk.

1 Like

Ten Perth top story is a special report about Lotto and the likes of LottoLand sending funds offshore.

Slow news day?

1 Like

I fear it might be a return of something more sinister. Last year (at least in Sydney) Ten had really suss coverage that seemed to promote Tatts Lotteries. It was placed way too prominently considering most of those stories were literally just someone winning.

I seem to remember last year the desk in Sydney being different to the desk in Melbourne - possibly the old desk from Melbourne I think someone might have said.

Most likely not the case considering Lotto in WA is government run.

3 Likes

Doesn’t necessarily mean it was shipped up from Melbourne, it could have just been for storage. Were they only in Sydney one night?

Surely cheaper/easier to knock up a desk to have on hand rather than shipping one all the way up and back for [quote=“NewsAustralia, post:2213, topic:61”]
a couple times a year…
[/quote]

possibly for only a night at a time, and possibly at short notice?

2 Likes

Does look a lot darker now:

14 Likes