Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I thought it was mentioned a while back that Brisbane was getting a new backdrop, no? @lexington

1 Like

there was one made, but the colours didn’t sit right apparently and, as you can imagine, priorities have been placed elsewhere.

2 Likes

Does Brisbane have printed images or screens?

Brisbane has screens, as the backdrop will often change for different stories.

1 Like

OOOPS…What’s Sandra doing reading a script from 8 days ago in tonight’s opener?

16 Likes

New budget cuts, they’re now recycling scripts to save on paper costs.

12 Likes

I always thought headlines were pre-recorded, going by that obviously not.

3 Likes

I know Seven’s Sunrise and Seven News Sydney’s headlines are pre-recorded. A few years back on Sunrise, Mel threw to the 7am opener and half way through Kochie and Mel appeared o screen- shuffling their scripts- with Melissa’s voice still playing. It was quite awkward.

Also, @SEQTelevision, captured Seven’s Sydney bulletin a few years ago, comparing the opener and footage of what is happening live in studio:

4 Likes

they used to be in Brisbane, before Mosart.

2 Likes

Returning from a break mid bulletin

7 Likes

Has Brisbane always used that large super for the presenters twitter when returning from ad breaks?

1 Like

always? no.

I’ve never seen it in Adelaide.

1 Like

For a while

June 2016

January 2017

3 Likes

Since the new graphics, yes. When we had the double header, Georgina’s Twitter Account would fade to Lachlan’s- they never were side to side like Sydney’s have been.

1 Like

It still amazes me how well Ten can piece together great live rolling coverage of breaking news considering how bare-bones their resources are. What a testament to the team on and off the screen.

15 Likes

But then their main bulletin is pathetic with no one on the ground in Manchester and no live crosses.

3 Likes

yep…

Surprised they didn’t use ex employee now freelancer Amber Austin-Wright who they usually engage for U.K. based reporting for any major stories, agree that a familiar face and/or live cross might’ve added a little extra to their coverage - though they covered it comprehensively which is the main thing I guess.

3 Likes

why? what developments had happened that warranted a live cross? ignore what the others did, and tell me what a live cross would’ve added?

they had over 5 minutes in two stories covering everything that happened, followed by a 2 minute live look from a local newspaper editor who has the most knowledge of the area over any Ten journo.

4 Likes

Someone in another thread mentioned that The Projects Sydney set is at ten’s prymont office? So what do they do with it when it’s not on air? (Only makes it on air maybe 3-5 times a year if that!) Why not utilise it for the Sydney bulletin or maybe even a nightly talk show!