Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

But they aren’t three entities …ten won’t be an entity. Their news department will cease to exist. It will be sky providing the news to ten.

7 Likes

Thank you for posting that pic that I recorded in 1991!

I mean - done REALLY well, a News re-boot could work wonders. Rob McKnight, a really good ‘FOX and Friends’-type show at breakfast; more ‘Studio 10’ …

4 Likes

Forget about it… they’re shutting the news department down. They’re not interested. Outsourcing to sky news for fuck sake.

News corp will not only have a stake in the network it will control news output. It’s a take over by stealth.

It’s just another speculative article.

5 Likes

However I would expect it would involve Sky taking Ten’s existing news gathering resources - probably in attempt to become less reliant on Seven and Nine. We may even see Sky News relocate either partially or in full to Ten’s offices to take advantage of the existing studios. Do asks have any studio facilities in Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth?

1 Like

shoe box studios in the cities I believe. as for the ten resources, they will surely be put to use…

1 Like

This is the best case that could (hopefully) happen:

• Rebrand back to Ten News
  • Sleek new graphics
  • PROPER sets, rather than the budget-sets we currently see in most markets

Worst case:

• We get the Sky News graphics :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
5 Likes

Probably sold. Everything will be sold.

Could the network seriously be called FOXTEL? Just thinking out loud here… but seriously, imagine it!? It’s “Foxtel Free”. I’m not celebrating this, believe me.

…and Foxtel News. In that case, Sky also changes its name.

This is so much MORE than about graphics. It’s time to wake up, MediaSpyers. Don’t even talk about graphics and sets, with regards to this. Everything’s friggin going… it’s lights out!!

By the way, I first mentioned the likelihood of “Sky News on Ten” six years ago!

1 Like

I was only kidding. jeez :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think we will see sky move to ten in Sydney considering fox sports is moving in with sky. We could probably see sky merge with ten in Perth Brisbane, adelaide

1 Like

All speculative but still a disaster.

The rumours are much more stronger these days than in the past.
This is the worst thing for ten and they’re not really a media company anymore. Just completely sad.

3 Likes

Going off what Webguy was saying, could Ten offset the cost of their news division by allowing Sky to utilise their resources rather than having to rely on 7/9? So in effect no changes to news on TEN itself.

Just a question - not something I would want.

How is outsourcing news any different to outsourcing any/all of their other programming? Ten is not a news network, why not get someone else to do it for you… especially if it’s only one hour a day (2 with The Project) & there is someone who already has the resources and is willing to do it?

That would be similar to how PRIME does it in NZ, they get MediaWorks to do the news for them, still has the PRIME graphics and presenter but utilities the reporters from MediaWorks.

1 Like

But sky is sub par in quality.

120 jobs from Fairfax gone…untold job losses at ten. Where’s the diversity in media gone in this country.

Hopefully the ACCC knocks back the ten sky tie up.

5 Likes

10 Likes

But they really don’t though

1 Like

When people stopped paying money for it (publishing) and when people realised there was other ways to watch content (TV/Online). Until even 10-12 years ago, you were competing on a local level. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

3 Likes

It just follows the general death spiral of journalism and the media. Terrestrial forms are becoming obsolete, and although online formats are popular, advertising revenue will die soon with the huge popularity of methods to circumvent online advertising, such as adblockers.

The only way into the future will be government funding, crowdfunding, subscriptions or integrative advertising.

Pretty sad stuff.

6 Likes