Ten Cricket Coverage

And I don’t think many of those regional locations have the facilities to host them either.

eg. TV standard lighting (TEN would still want them to be played at night), quality cricket pitches and playing surfaces, spectator facilities.

1 Like

Matches in NZ, HK or Singapore might be a good move.

No thanks to matches out in regional Australia - no need to cheapen the product.

Further, the beauty of the competition is it is very easy to watch each game and therefore keep track of the competition. You extend it any more, and there is a glut. They would be wise to keep any expansion very minimal.

2 Likes

And I would LOVE to see the Australian international players be made available to play in the Big Bash for just a couple of weeks even.

I would love to see Mitchell Starc bowling to Warner or Smith.
That would be the ultimate.

Allocate them out so they end up on different teams and even out the competition (getting a bit sick of seeing the same teams like the Scorchers in the finals all the time).

Tests and ODIs played in Darwin and Cairns are played in the dry. ie. Winter in the south. Currently footy season in Darwin

1 Like

Well there has been discussing about Albury hosting a points games for the men for Sydney thunder

That will never happen I’m afraid, especially during the Ashes. .

Looking forward to the new Perth Stadium for cricket :slight_smile:

We will then have two new, modern and boutique stadiums for world class sport and events.

I wonder if the Ashes later this year will open it? Fingers crossed. Otherwise it’d probably be the footy the following March?

Already been announced that if completed it will.

4 Likes

It was an anonymous user, who wrote in the Your Say Section.

Story about Roz Kelly in the paper today about her coming back to Australia to host BBL with a young 16 month old child and leaving her cricketer husband back in South Africa, anyway the article mentioned she has been confirmed to return for the 17-18 season.

@killy06 South Africa you mean?

Indeed I did, fixed.

It will be interesting to see the ratings tonight given there’s no Melbourne team and the Williams sisters are in the Australian Open final which will go head to head tonight

1 Like

Indeed.

There’s been non-stop BBL promos from Ch 10 on radio in Melbourne today

Andy Maher just said of a player that “she’s a force with which to be reckoned”. :astonished:

The BBL this season has been very fortunate with the weather. Has any time been lost?

2 Likes

I believe there was one game that was affected by the rain.

Not sure what this has to do with Tens cricket coverage but I do believe it will be launched by the ASHES and the Perth Scorchers will also play games there. I am not from Perth and have never been but it seems quite far from the city, unlike the convinient Adelaide Oval.

2 Likes

Yeap, the Melbourne derby on New Year’s Day. Only 2 overs were lost.

1 Like

Across the river from the waca ground, much closer than Subiaco oval.

1 Like