Ten Affiliates

Coffs Harbour to be exact.

2 Likes

This one?

3 Likes

Using the 1990-1991 branding, unaltered?

1 Like

A mini-doco I made on Ten Capital News. (I only realised @DJPizarro made one when I was halfway through editing; mine is nowhere near as good as his but it’s still worth a look).

6 Likes

awww, thanks for the nice words. I’ve watched your work mate, keep it up and you’ll have a bright future in the media.

2 Likes

Appreciate it mate, thanks for your support!

An alternative version of Ten Capital News’ “First To Know” jingle, found on a site my brother discovered (I linked it in the description).

Here’s the more well-known version:
1 Like

Does anyone remember The Workers, that slightly-infamous independently-produced preschool show that aired on Southern Cross Ten around 2011? Would’ve fit much better on an community station. It appears that the show’s YT channel has been slightly more active in the past year, although this doesn’t hint any new content…

Never forget the goodnight song:

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this, I’m still sad that Ten Capital News isn’t around anymore. Really great footage you got there too

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Found an old news item from Ten Capital News Canberra in May 2000, over a year before the bulletin was axed.

Credit: Eamon Lindsay
2 Likes

How Ten’s affiliates (Capital and SCN) remade their 1991-94 ident.

4 Likes

NRTV used their own IDs completely different to the ones that Ten and other affiliates used around that time. This was their 1991-1994 ID, which was quite advanced for the time. https://youtu.be/PtRZiFWjDZs

4 Likes

Northern NSW aggregation didn’t happen until 1994. I recall I saw a YouTube clip of an NRTV version of the “Just Watch Us Now!” promo from 1992, and I recall some of the Ten logos were intact. Or it was a different Ten “song-and-dance” promo…

1 Like

Actually, it happened on 31st December 1991.

3 Likes

The Capital one is :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I remember seeing the Capital one once when I went to visit friend during school holidays. I was floored … and then we went back to playing Duck Hunt.

4 Likes

This ID was used by TNQ’s UHF station channel 41 in Darling Downs/Toowoomba.

5 Likes

Ten Queensland ident from 2000, Mackay Harbour version:

4 Likes

Were Ten Capital a day (or more) behind the network with Neighbours, Simpsons etc or did they get the programs pre-fed to them to stay in sync?

2 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter