Nine Radio (Music)

I’m actually convinced those two will continue somehow on the new sports station.

Would MML really want to completely lose its last remaining Sydney listeners?

Surely they could do a newsy headline grabbing show with a lot of sports in it as well?

2 Likes

They have already moved the weekend morning audience to 2GB, so who knows.

What a waste of talent

3 Likes

What a waste of a frequency. If ACMA and ACCC had any balls, 2UE would have, and should have, been sold as part of the Fairfax Radio-Macquarie merger.

But no. This crap is why all of Australian commercial media should be put at the front of a fully loaded shotgun and told to plead for the right to exist.

5 Likes

i disagree why tarnish ALL of Australian commercial media with the same brush when NOT ALL of Australian commercial media is not involved??? bit silly

1 Like

Mate, go back and read through my posts over the past few years before you call anything silly. You’ll realise that Australian media, expanding it to include ABC and SBS, is basically doomed thanks to idiocy and incompetence, cheered on by governments who allow this crap to exist. As demonstrated by this thread, and quite a few other threads.

We would be much better served by scrapping the licenses and stations that exist, and turning the spectrum into 5G/6G/whatever-G mobile spectrum, rent it out to ensure an ongoing income and putting that into public schools and public hospitals. In the greater scheme of things, losing Talking Shit on 954 and elsewhere would not be a great loss.

8 Likes

Brad Smart’s latest comment about Talking Lifestyle on Radioinfo: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/macquarie’s-lifestyle-dilemma-once-more-unto-breach

5 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun’s Jon Anderson writes that Mark Allen and David Schwarz’s 3-6pm show on the sports radio station will debut on Monday April 16. The report says the station is set for launch in early April but Allen’s frequent trips to the US Masters golf causes a delay.

The final Healthy Living program with Ross Walker is airing this evening.

1 Like

He appeared to be, almost, the 2UE in-house doctor. I’m sure he will continue to pop up on radio here and there.

1 Like

He’s also appeared regularly on 3AW for many years. I’ve long suspected he bought air time.

1 Like

Dr Ross is also on George and Paul on 2GB/4BC.

2 Likes

Could be getting warm there.

What of Sharina the psychic? Is she still on? Will she foresee the sports results? Could be great for sports betting, especially with her timeslot outside the restricted period.

7 Likes

I wonder how much a consultation costs?

Usually lots.

Consultants are usually rolling in $$$$$

1 Like

Yes Sharina was still there last night as usual and gave no indication in the parts I heard, including the end, that next Sunday would be her last show (this being Macquarie they might not have got round to telling her yet - although she ought to be able to foresee this of course!)

If Healthy Living is being scrapped, I’d be surprised if Sharina survived. They’re not going to move her over to 2GB/4BC and kick out Rev Bill Crews. Pete Graham’s Saturday Night must also be on its way I’d have thought.

I actually thought Healthy Living might carry on in the new format if they were desperate for programmes to fill the schedule. The show could easily change focus a little to concentrate on issues around keeping fit and leading an active life to stay healthy.

Dr Ross was probably already planning to be away next weekend if yesterday was his last show - there is still one more weekend of Talking Lifestyle.

5 Likes

Is Pete Graham’s show syndicated to many stations still?

What of Sharina’s?

Fox Sports’ Tom Morris said on Sportsday this evening that basketball legend and current Sydney Kings coach Andrew Gaze could join the new sports radio station this year. Gaze was a former host on SEN as well.

Sharina could end up on doing Saturday nights on 2GB. 2GB did have a similar sort of psychic program on Saturday nights for many years.

1 Like