Nine Radio (Music)

None of the names are appealing. I hope that this goes down the plug hole too and ACMA auction the licences off.

4 Likes

MML owns the licences. ACMA is not doing to do anything unless MML hands the licences back which is never going to happen.

7 Likes

And just to save them some time, here’s the logo they’ll obviously use.

logo1

7 Likes

I’m convinced it will fail. They might move from * to 1 or 2% in Melbourne and Brisbane, but they’ll lose most or what’s left for 2UE and it’ll drop to 1 or 2%

7 Likes

The best hope for the station is if it is ‘cingirmed’. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s the best word since:

Trump has covfefed the USA, Macquarie has cingirmed 2UE.

2 Likes

Demrignic Sports Radio…

1 Like

alright that’s enough

1 Like

strong text In Todays Melbourne HeraldSun Jon Andreson wrote that the new sports Radio Station are sounding out former SEN drive Hosts David Schawarz & Mark Allen to Host their Drive slot RSN’S BreaKfast Host DanIel Harford as a Host also Sydney Kings Coach Andrew Gaze and the name of the New Sports Radio Station wilL be one of Talking Sport or Talksport Australia Davud Schawarz and Mark had a popular Drvie Program on SEN until Craig Huchison sacked them last year. Daniel Harford is doing well on RSN also.

Again the mediaspy like button is inappropriate here. This audio says it all.

If I was George and Paul I’d probably try to do the show on 2sm. Can’t believe I am saying this. I don’t think ABC local radio would take them being too right wing. But if the ABC wanted some balance.

2 Likes

2UE SportsActive.

2 Likes

But @Jason_Andrew_Toppin, do you really believe anything a newspaper publishes? Especially one that so desperately clamours for relevance. The world has moved on, it hasn’t.

2 Likes

strong text WONDER IF JON ANDERSON HAS SOMEONE INSIDE MACQUARIE FEEDING HIM THE INFORMATION THE INSIDER MUST HAVE TOLD HIM THREE OF THE NAMES THEY ARE GOING FOR. ANDO DOES A SPORTS SEGMENT ON 3AW TWICE EACH WEEEKDAY S WITH ROSS STEVENSON & JOHN BURNS IF YOU CINNECT THE DOTS YOU WILL REALIZE THT LEAKS HAPPEN IN EVERY ORGANIZEATION.

Totally unknown in Sydney.

2 Likes

strong text Hope tHey sound out Terry Kennedy & Michael Slater from Sky Sports Radio & The Talkin Sporrt Boys from 2SM as well as the RadioTAB Breakfast team this will bring listeners in Sydnet from Sky S[ports Radio & from 2SM & will bring in Brisbane fro,m Radio TAB. added to the Listeners in Melbourne te New Sports Radio Station will have with David Schawarz , Mark Allen & Daniel Harford te New Sports Radio station will some success inhSydney, Melbourne & Brisbane.

And widely unknown in Melbourne too. They’re not the biggest household names of sporting commentators.

You’ve got no idea of the dynamics of radio.

Many at Radio TAB breakfast (John McCoy and Peter Psaltis) have left MRN and its predecessors, they left because they’d had enough of the mismanagement. Radio TAB provides a stable working environment.

3 Likes

Or it’s pure speculation…
Why would Harford give up his existing role at RSN other than $$$$ ? And I’m guessing this new 24/7 sports station isn’t exactly rolling in coin.
I’d go with speculation. A sports radio station could definitely do worse than Schwarz and Allen, although I doubt either would come cheaply.

1 Like

Assuming that the entire content is networked through all three cities, my guess would be that they will need to get a Melbourne co-host for both Brekky and Drive to combat the natural tendency of SEN, RSN, 3MMM and others to refer to Macquarie Sports Radio as “Sydney Sports Radio”. That means that Schwarz and Harford are prime targets, despite the dollars.

As for having co-hosts in different cities, yes it works for the FMers, but I think mixing NRL and AFL as topics of conversation will be a lose-lose compromise - it’s managable once a week on a show like Offsiders, but for daily radio shows, I am not convinced.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, it will be called Sydney sports radio no matter what the level of networking in the day.

Many in Melbourne view AW poorly for the three hours of 2GB foisted on the station from 7 - 10pm. Most boring, irrelevant shows that don’t fit the style that Melbourne audiences are used to.

This will be no better. Worse, because it has no base, no prior following. They’re beginning from zero.

Mixing sport does not work, the audience in each state is parochial. SA audiences don’t want to hear Vic viewpoints, Qld audiences tire of Sydney voices.

6 Likes

Yeah you’re dead on about the fact that the presenters needing to be utilized for each local radio market if they only network one presenter into each three radio markets like macquarie did with talking lifestyle then they would be lucky if it pulls a 0.1 share but the question i wanna know about this new station that macquarie is developing to replace talking lifestyle is that if they aren’t going to be utilizeing there afl and nrl contracts and moving their coverage of both of those codes to this new sports station than what live sport would they air on this station execpt for the cricket which would probably stay on their talk stations

1 Like