Nine Radio (Music)

Think Smooth is the FM partner in Melbourne - not sure if they’re simulcasting the carols though

They send out stereo audio out to TLS on DAB Aus Wide.
Sounds quite good in Brisbane at 104kbps

1 Like

To be fair I thought Prior to Dawn was one of the better shows on Talking Lifestyle, shame it was relegated to mid-dawns!! (although mid-afternoon for me listening in online!) I tweeted the show and producer a week ago saying hoped show was coming back in new year, haven’t had a reply, so can probably draw your own conclusions from that.

I don’t understand why, unless it’s his own choice, Jono Coleman is relegated to mid/late evenings. Although probably past his radio prime now, he’s still a ‘name’ in both Australia and the UK and as such I’m sure he’s paid far more than ‘entry level’ rates. Why would you hide him away in the schedule? If you have him on your books, would be better to put him in a daytime slot I’d have thought

2 Likes

strong text DAVID PRIOR ALONG WITH JOHN STANLEY, GARRY ;LINNELL, TIM WEBSTER, KAYLEY HARRIS, NICK BENNETT, JONNO COLEMAN, DALE SINDON, GEORGE & PAUL, DR ROSS WALKER & SHARINA WILL BE BACK IN
2018 IN ANSWER TO MARTP’S QUESTION

1 Like

Shouting Lifestyle?

7 Likes

sorry about that

All good.

Thank you (or should that be THANK YOU!!! :laughing:)

1 Like

Any word on how TL’s simulcast of Carols By Candleligjt went? Did any other stations take it?

TL’s simulcast of the carols by candlelight was great

Interesting that the old Magic 1278 logo was shown on end credits of Carols by Candlelight instead of the Talking Lifestyle logo.

4 Likes

Gee that would have made the powers at be very happy… Maybe they forgot to change it over, or they weren’t aware the station had changed formats maybe??

4 Likes

In my experience organisations that sponsor or have an association with an event usually go to great lengths to ensure they’re credited correctly. Seems that Macquarie might not have bothered to check that the correct stations were being credited.

4 Likes

strong text i think in 2018 that MacQuarie Media needs to Advertise Talking Lifestyle on Channels 9,7 & 10 in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth to bring Talking LifestyLE 954,Talking LIfestyle 1278, talking Lifestyle 882 & DAB + Talking Lifestyle more listeners

They could try but I don’t think awareness is the problem. The problem is the dud format. It’s just endless infomercials and chatter about inane subjects. Very few people find that interesting.

All they’ve done is purge almost their entire audience in Melbourne and Brisbane.

4 Likes

Their target audience is more likely watching Extra, Spree TV and TVSN.

5 Likes

And I think Talking Lifestyle is being done on a fairly low budget, which is not going to be able to accommodate TV advertising.

2 Likes

Talking Lifestyle can’t last much more than another 12 months in Melbourne & Brisbane, surely?

They’re doing slightly better in Sydney on the basis of it being the old 2UE, but that’s still a case of “Oh, how the mighty have fallen!” knowing how popular and iconic 954AM used to be in this market.

4 Likes

as long as they can keep fooling advertisers to keep pouring money into this fruitless venture then I suspect it will continue. Even if it runs at a loss I reckon they’ll keep it going anyway as it is one less competitor for their main stations.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if they took TL out of the ratings eventually. Reporting 0.3s and 0.5s is probably worse than not being reported on at all and seems to work for 2SM who have avoided all ratings scrutiny for years.

5 Likes

2SM would be beating TL954 for sure. Let’s not forget they’ve had the same lineup for years and older listeners hate change which is all 2UE/TL have done.

What do we all predict MML will do post-TL?

Will they restore independent brands or will they roll out Magic in Syd Mel and Bris again?

3 Likes