Nine Radio (Music)

in the long run 2GB and 4BC will also be moved over to Zetta as Maestro is really getting a bit long in the tooth.

1 Like

How accurate do you think the numbers are when the station receives so few ticks in the books?

2 Likes

The average audience and cumulative audience of such close numbers therefore distorts the final result. I believe the actual result would be less.

1 Like

David Prior does his best putting together a decent overnight program. A shame that only a couple of people listen.

1 Like

Heard new audio and intros on TL954 this morning. Rather than simply saying, “Breakfast on TL”, it now refers to as “Breakfast with John and Garry on Sydney’s TL954”.

Good to finally hear some more local branding come through.

3 Likes

DAB station name is still 2UE LIFESTYLE

Just listening then, they were talking about the TV show, Top Gear and they had trouble remembering the names of the hosts on the Australian version (being Shane Jacobsen and James Morrison). Doesn’t sound like they did much research for it.

At least it’s not another advertorial I suppose.

EDIT

They are now playing a Rolling Stones song! (Honky Tonk Woman) !! That’s a first for me.

AND it’s in stereo on DAB.

I was in Perth earlier this week and can confirm that Talking Lifestyle is available in Perth on DAB+ at 48kbps, with no delay, but playing advertising localized to Perth.

2 Likes

Wow if you tell them you listened they’re gonna get pretty excited! One confirmed listener is better than they could ever hope for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s enough research for MML to be certain they have the support and strength to build a truly national network secondary to the amazingly successful News Talk network.

Since the launch of TL (but not since the destruction of local heritage stations like 2UE/4BH/Magic), listeners to News Talk have doubled.

Oh wait. No they have not.

2 Likes

It seems that overnight programmes are about to be dumped, at least until mid January, possibly longer and replaced with automated highlights. One wonders where these so called highlights are going to come from. Highlights of the Year???

3 Likes

It’ll be a six minute loop!

At least BOG still manage to invest in mid-dawns.

Many upcomers would pounce at an offer to do that shift.

1 Like

I thought I’d try George and Paul again this morning just after the 7:00am news. George was talking about an incident that had happened in Melbourne, and then proceeded to blame all Africans saying there was an African problem that had been going on for too long, with George oohing and aahing in the background agreeing. It was like watching Pauline Hanson babble on with a nodder behind her. I switched off after 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Christ.

Yes, George & Paul know Melbourne

Talking Lifestyle simulcasting the Carols By Candlelight this Sunday evening according to their schedule. However given the broadcast is live around the country, Brisbane will get it an hour early and the Perth stream will be 3 hours before broadcast.

3 Likes

Will there be an infomercial about how to make your own candles or learn to sing? That could be like a whole hour’s discussion!

7 Likes

How did MML manage to secure the rights to Carols by Candlelight?

Maybe they pretended it’d go on 3AW.

It’s odd that smooth or no other station with a larger audience secured it. Then again, who cares.

Is it on 3AW as well? Pretty sure both AW and Magic used to simulcast it in the past.

And it’s also broadcast on Vision Australia Radio

1 Like

Yes, Carols by Candlelight is still on 3AW.

And FM is still Triple M??

1 Like