Nine Radio (Music)

Something interesting TL is now doing is local recorded weather breaks at Breakfast. You can tell it is prerecorded as it just so happens to be the only time John and Gary mention 954AM and specific Sydney only weather.

Clever, but only fooling those who don’t know TL is networked.

1 Like

Isn’t the hourly Macquarie National News (or at least the weather segments that air during them) also localised for Sydney on Talking Lifestyle? If it’s not, then it’s pretty bad that a rather Sydney-centric news service is airing on AM radio in Melbourne & Brisbane.

1 Like

This is during the actual Breakfast show. Usually 20-30s out of a commercial break. The boys then come in live immediately following. Not talking about the hourly weather updates.

1 Like

John Stanley and Garry Linnell with Murray Olds and others doing the post show meeting yesterday. Why aren’t they listening to Hadley? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154787232262553&id=115471152552

Not 100% sure what happens in Melbourne but i know for sure Talking Lifestyle 882 has news from the Brisbane News Room… So Brisbane news goes live across 4BC and TLS 882 at the same time.

I believe TL1278 in Melbourne takes the 3AW news

1 Like

Since it’s gone lifestyle I’ve stopped listening, Great journalist like John Stanley are now just sales people. The station is now a joke.

1 Like

Survey 7 of the radio ratings haven’t been so kind for lifestyle, The old 2ue ratings where a lot better.

TL882… thats just shocking (+10 = 0.3) thats approx 600 listeners?

How much more down can it go?

3 Likes

The most interesting thing is that its audience share is not much higher than what it achieved in the last Gold Coast radio ratings, where that same station had scored a 0.2% share.

It’s also worth mentioning that Talking Lifestyle is more popular in Wollongong than in either Melbourne or Brisbane, where in that market’s radio ratings that was released last week, it scored a 0.7% share.

1 Like

Talking Lifestyle 954 carries Macquarie National News Sydney (AKA, 2GB News) the last I checked.

Personally, I wonder if the version of Talking Lifestyle that Perth gets only on DAB+ has local news/advertising or not!

Even here in Sydney (the “strongest” market for the format), Talking Lifestyle is now only rating barely better than 92.9 ABC Classic FM.

I’m sure Talking Lifestyle 954 would really love to have 2UE’s ratings from 1997 or even 2007 right now!

In Brisbane the overall average audience is 1000, and 1000 5:30am-4:00pm, 0 4:00pm-12:00mn, 1000 on weekends. The cumulative audience is a tragic 2000 7:00pm-12mn, and overall M-F 17,000.

I think you are correct, and at times less that.

What a disaster. 882 4BH used to be a great station, now reduced to this. Zero listeners in the evening.

5 Likes

I think that Talking Lifestyle in Melbourne is the station to watch. If the Victorian Government legalises euthanasia then I am pretty sure someone will pull the plug on 1278 within 24 hours of the legislation passing.

10 Likes

Surely not! It’s just increased its audience by 25%!!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner

:wink:

#nickatnights I’ll happily go in and turn of “Life” (style) support personally! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes I believe they do. Brisbane news gets sent down to Syndication in Sydney and back to us here in Brisbane on the “TLS BNE” Tieline in Sydney. I would imagine that is how Melbourne works… Never really asked how it works.

All the way down to 0 is worst case scenario. I have been told there are now billboards advertising TLS around Brisbane but I am yet to see one so not sure where they are located.

Interesting… so I take it that means playout of ads for TLS Brisbane is done from Sydney too. I guess that avoids problems with ads not firing/firing incorrectly.
Off topic, but how does 4BC work given that most of it’s programming comes from 2GB? Is it that same with local programming set via Brisbane, or does ad playout for 4BC still happen in Brisbane?

Yes the playout of the Commercials is from Sydney, there is a Zetta PC in Sydney playing Brisbane commercials.

No 4BC commercials are played by a local Maestro Machine here in Brisbane, all that comes from Sydney up the SAT is the announcer and sound effects/music they want to play… The commercials, News Intro, Sport & Weather ID is all played locally by a Maestro PC

1 Like

So they’re running Zetta (for TLS), Maestro (for 2GB) and RCS Master Control (for 2CH) in Sydney? Nothing like making things complicated.

I remember seeing this video on YouTube where one of the MRN techs tries to claim it’s easier to run different systems rather than have multiple stations on the same system.