Nine Radio (Music)

What ever happened to Colin Greatorex who did the drive shift at that time?

John & Garry now flogging Nature B on the show, doesn’t get cut out of the podcasts either.

Wasn’t the company making Nature B fined for false advertising??

Charged at least…

http://www.comcom.govt.nz/the-commission/media-centre/media-releases/detail/2016/charges-filed-over-made-in-new-zealand-claims-about-naturebee-supplement

1 Like

They probably think it’s a cure for baldness.

1 Like

Well talkin lifestyle has gone music. Playing Rosanna by Toto.

Murray Olds has written a travel story about Queenstown, NZ for news.com.au. The little blurb about Olds at the end of the story is this up to date info!

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/18319262_10209048770040957_2867125974209453516_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e9ffea8e1fdac2cae76d68a0bc6a2388&oe=598783CB

The story:

Riveting…

How much longer are they going to persist with this infomercial format? I give it another 6 months.

Problem is, they’ve driven away their audience in Melbourne and Brisbane so they’ll have to start from scratch. Great job!

4 Likes

I think MRN will most likely persist with the Talking Lifestyle format until at least the end of the year. But unfortunately, I think the chances of Magic ever being revived are 0%

If they have to relaunch Talking Lifestyle due to poor ratings, I think they’d go with another alternative talk format…maybe one primarily aimed at an older female demographic as a point of difference to the flagship station which (certainly in the case of 2GB Sydney, at least) sounds like it’s firmly aimed at the angry old male demographic.

1 Like

You have to wonder how talkback can really be cheaper than music.
Yes, I know they don’t have to pay royalties, but then you can’t really automate a talk shift like you can with music.

Add to that, you’d need a producer and researcher as well as paying for a live presenter.
I know that they’d get income from “paid” advertorials too, but still.

2 Likes

It’s just a shame they have the name “Talking” Lifestyle.

Otherwise they could getaway with more music in the format.

Mind you, they are playing a LOT more music in the more popular shifts than when they were News Talk.

Yes it’s a dumb name that really limits them if they wanted to move to a BBB Radio 2 type music and entertainment format.

…which would be a very good idea.

1 Like

They could of revived the heritage names.

2 Likes

XY Easy Talk?

1 Like

Lol yeah sort of. 2GB / 4BC / 3AW did not change thier call signs to newstalk. Call it 3XX, 4BH , 2UE. Then there is some more flexibility if they want to play music or they have sport on. Its not really talking lifestyle if they are playing afl or cricket.

Nice , although they’d have to wrestle the 3XY callsign from the Greek narrowcast station using the name now. :wink:

1 Like

Sure, but I’d think we’d know who’d win out financially.

Actually, given Fairfax’s recent situation…

Talking Lifestyle plays music on Saturday Nights doing Saturday Night Live

People aren’t going to tune into a talk/infomercial station once a week to hear music, if music is what they’re after from the radio.

1 Like

Saturday Night Live was one of the more popular shows on the old 2UE and was also broadcast on 4BC at various points over the years. I think it was more a case of it having survived the transition and rolled over to Talking Lifestyle, rather than it being a show specifically designed for the new format

4 Likes