Nine Radio (Music)

Any idea why Magic 882 Facebook page has changed its name to Magic 1278?

Next on Talking Lifestyle, we’re talking identity crises.

9 Likes

Listened to John and Garry in full from 5:00-9:00am this morning, first time since the change. They seem to be limited to 4 to 5 topics and repeat the same every hour or two. Jess and Ruby’s yummy cockroach, and Target USA knowing a 15 yr old girl was pregnant by examining her purchases, both got rolled out a few times. I guess at least they were news stories, because everything else was forgettable. DD came on after 8:30am to give a preview of what she would be talking about after 9:00 … it was so forgettable I can’t remember what was.

This breakfast show was really good, and was a balanced alternative to the bias on 2GB. But now it’s a show about nothing.

The unintentional humourous snippet this morning was when John was praising Alan … just a couple of years ago Stanley would snigger at the mention of Jones and insinuate that the period when he was Jones’ producer was not a career highlight. Today Stanley was talking up the good old days he had with Jones. Flabbergasted!!

1 Like

on the ball with the latest news i see… this happened in 2012…

4 Likes

Yep that’s my impression too. It’s a show (and station) about nothing.

3 Likes

Pete Graham is sounding great tonight ~ very live (and alive) and vibrant! Better than the jukebox over on KQ… and I’m loving the talking between every track… sometimes I listen to BBC Radio 2 for the same thing… it’s good to be listening to a ‘personality’ talking about the music and artists.

4 Likes

Maybe this would be a good format change in 12 months :smiling_imp:. Have DJs who love the music they play.

3 Likes

Seinfeld was successful for being that too.
However, can’t see it working for them.

But I think I would listen more often if the talk was about the music, as Pete Graham was doing… it’s the kind of talk Triple M should be doing (if they really have to talk at all).

1 Like

Completely agree about the BBC R2 thing. That’s the format that’s missing in Australia. Why didn’t they just turn Magic into a BBC R2 clone?

1 Like

TL needs something like The AM Show over on Three.

On Radio, TV, And Online, This is the AM Show.

1 Like

This was the Paul Henry show?

1 Like

Yes, also they now have The AM Show.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/shows/the-am-show.html

1 Like

Wonder just how much longer it is going to take for Talking Lifestyle to iron out all of their technical problems. they seem to be experiencing almost every day. George & Paul was a mess this morning.

Are there any local Melbourne or Brisbane only shifts?

DD from Melbourne between 9 and 10 but really her contribution is just waffle.

3 Likes

Jono Coleman is Talking Lifestyle’s new 9-11pm announcer. Nothing online as yet for what style his show will be.

Hopefully it’s just talkback.

And then he’s in the studio for Studio 10 first thing in the morning? I know most of his stuff there is prerecorded but there were some live elements there… maybe those will be gone if he’s on the radio till 11pm and he’ll just prerecord all his Studio 10 stuff.

Listening to Jono Coleman on TL and he’s actually quite entertaining.

Definitely bringing life into Lifestyle.

1 Like

I think he’s wasted in that slot to be honest. Would be much better in a daytime slot.

1 Like

Agree. Pity Ian Rogerson that was filling in over the holidays moved to 2CH they could have had a George & Paul type show during the week. Maybe management didn’t want it!!

1 Like