Nine Radio (Music)

I’m listening on DAB+, that pesky medium ACMA proposes to boom northwards :wink:

Aren’t the server stats interesting, Mix must be ahead?

you obviously know how to look … so you can answer that yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bedtime now, look tomorrow.

Meanwhile Magic programming continuing on 2CH but without the Magic branding. Andrew McLaren just announced the station as ‘Sydney’s 2CH 1170’

i just put it on and noticed they are promoting the next hour “after 9” - completely ignoring the fact that brisbane is an hour behind…

1 Like

Urgh, just tuned to 882. It’s worse than I thought. Bored stupid within about 10 minutes. Who would listen to this rubbish?

I can actually feel the ratings for 4KQ rising.

3 Likes

Deletes pre-set …

1 Like

Seeing the 2UE name in Sydney Disappearing before our Very Eyes.

The news gets the networked content played over the top, timing is all off. Also loving chat of the overnight rain in dry and hot Melbourne.

3 Likes

Yeah loving the talk of overnight rain too in Brisbane where we’re still waiting for the rain.

Should just rename the station Tragic 882 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EON/MRN should network Magic as a Digital Only Station in Melb/Brisbane at least

1 Like

Nothing turns off listeners more than mentioning the weather from somewhere else. Particularly if one city is in drought and the other in flood.

7 Likes

Could not agree more here is my Rant on the death of Magic 882 Brisbane .What the Hell has happened to Magic 882 “The Songs You know and Love ?” There are none! All we have is White Noise. I have been listening to 882 for 30 years. It was my happy place, where I could relax and de-stress listening to great music with happy memories. I don’t want people expounding their opinions on minutia,(we get that all day long at our work places) , people listen to music to escape all that. I get up early in the morning with a cup of tea and used to start my day with beautiful music from 882 ,set the day up on a positive note, now I have two ageing Buffoons discussing intellectual subjects like "why some people have Body Oder “BO” … Seriously !!! I want to Gag on my cuppa or another beauty “Favourite Funeral songs” , Really ?? What a motivating start to the day!! If I wanted endless Dialogue I would listen to the ABC, at least the subject matter would be more stimulating. Sitting in Traffic at least the old 882 music would sooth the frustration , but "NO "we have more mindless Yabbering! Now I want to join all the other Road Rages and throttle someone! Last thing at nigh,t I used to enjoy a wind down from a work day, with pleasant music , instead we have more people pontificating, this time on sexual therapy. Too much information!! Definately not relaxing! If I wanted that sort of rubbish I would TV. I thought 882 was about music . Goodbye my happy Place, I have loved for 30 years, Good Bye 882, Hello 4KQ !! (I see on a similar feedback, that is where most people are now going), tried it for the first time today and WOW I have a new home , just like the old 882 of about five years ago. Even get local Brisbane traffic and the correct time . To the marketing Guru’s Beautiful Music is relaxing , constant Yabbering is not ! I think you have misjudged why we listened to 882. Au Revoir

7 Likes

We should force MRN boses to listen to Talking Lifestyle 24/7. They problay get bored of it within a while. I wonder if they do listen to listen to another station like smooth. Did they ever ask us if we want this. I dont think so

They should really put magic back as a DAB+ station which shouldnt be hard to do

3 Likes

suggest you buy a DAB or simply stream Smooth or Easy

1 Like

Hear hear!
I completely agree Allison.
You should actually call Macquarie Media though and let them know your opinion. I did, and someone actually called me back. If enough people complain at least they’ll know they’ve pissed people off, even if they don’t come to their senses. Plus it’s very satisfying! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The funny thing is if 4BC, 2GB and 3AW ratings don’t climb as a result of TL then this will show MMN that TL is a failure.

TL has been created to grow their other stations audiences.

1 Like

I think it’s slightly odd to have a strategy that assumes that someone who previously listened to the frequency for the music will automatically switch across to a talk station that was already there anyway if they had wanted to listen to it! It might work but I have my doubts. To my mind the winners will be the likes of 4KQ in Brisbane and Smooth in Melbourne

There is a second strand to the strategy which is income growth and cost savings through a combination of increasing programme sponsorship and networking TL/removing the Magic brand (so one less brand to market, produce etc). They have been open about not being over concerned if TL listening figures drop as a result if growth/savings are achieved. But how low can listening figures safely drop??

1 Like

The last time 4BH changed format was its very short time as a talk station known as ‘NEW 882’ - about 1994 IIRC. Lasted about 2 months if I am correct.

1 Like