Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation

Why did they film it so long ago and then sit on it for so long?

Wait, how long ago was it filmed?

October/November 2017

Yet they had a Love Island joke in last night’s episode which only started in May. I dont think the promos for that show started airing before this year.

It was announced last year and they would have known what it was like from the UK version.

I’d say it was a reference to the UK version of Love Island.

Edit: production date was 20 January, so recorded some time before then.

Last night was probably the least funny so far.

1 Like

GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

MONDAY 9 JULY AT 9.10PM

The final episode of Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation goes out with a bang (literally). Don’t miss it on Monday night at 9.10pm on Nine and 9Now

We scoured all of history to pluck our guests, musician Tim Rogers, actor Kate Jenkinson and comedian Aaron Chen, only to send them straight back to school.

Final ever?

1 Like

Is it cheap to make vs US content ?

Depends whether it rates or not though. If you screen it but nobody watches and you can’t attract advertising, then there is no use.

1 Like

Aaron Chen is what…37? not Gen Z!

If you googled that age, then that is a different person. This Aaron Chen is 23 and he played a uni student in Ronny Chieng: International Student, as did Laurence Boxhall.

2 Likes

Anyways, I still watched Talkin’ Bout Ur Generation on 9now as catchup. I still enjoyed Shaun Micallef as the host of the show. What I don’t like about the revived edition was that there are doors at the back of each desk. When I look at the windows, i found it too distracting

Those windows were quite entertaining in last night’s ep when Andy Lee stormed off set but then was seen riding past those windows on a bicycle.

I thought the set was awesome… much more colourful and fresher than the old one.

Even though I hope they’ll do another season, given the ratings I doubt it will return next year. If it did it should be in a different time-slot.

2 Likes

Disastrous ratings for TVNZ 2’s premiere of Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation has prompted the network to dump the Australian quiz show for Wednesday night movies in the short term.
…
Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation averaged only 1.0% of TVNZ 2’s target audience, 18-49 year-olds, 0.9% of 25-54 and 1.1% of 18-39.

Was always an odd choice, given none of the previous seasons had aired here.

1 Like

How did the show do in demos in Australia?

https://forums.mediaspy.org/c/news/television-ratings

2 Likes
2 Likes

Looks like they are recording in Feb and March this year. Last year’s series was recorded in 2017 but still wasn’t aired until the middle of 2018. I wonder what the turnaround will be this time around. Hopefully quicker. Would work well 7:30 Tuesday once they are done with MAFS and The Voice.