Survivor (US)

Yeah it has improved with a few very unpredictable central characters now - big improvement on the first couple episodes which I genuinely think were the worst episodes ever of this show.

No way haha there have been much worse (e.g. every single episode of Redemption Island). This season for me had been middle of the road (not the best not the worst) up until last week but the last two eps have definitely notched it up there. Hopefully the craziness continues. I remember Jeff saying pre season that looking back at this season as a whole the strategy is on a different level. I was struggling to see that for a while there but I can kinda start to see that coming together now.

Yeah I agree definitely not the worst but not the best. I have enjoyed it but found some cast members slightly annoying.

Just watched the latest episode. I had a feeling Adam was going to use his idol on Hannah before they went into tribal - he was just asking some questions about it. Not sure it was his best move but a good move for the game.

Another good episode. It’s easy to say as a viewer that Adam wasted his Idol… but I think he did the best thing to ensure his alliance moved forward. He got it right that the other side were voting Hannah so playing it ensured they moved forward in the event Will did stick to the other side. Although had Ken not been an absolute clueless idiot he would never have put doubt in Wils mind and never would have had to play the Idol. Ken… what an idiot! Someone comes to you ready and willing to make a move which favours you and you go blow it up in their face. Geez. Stupid. I liked him before this but he turned out to be another dumb model who has probably never watched an episode of Survivor in his life.

I’m starting to think someone like Jay might actually win this. It’s amazing how quickly the attention shifted from him and there’s a good chance he will win a few more immunity challenges too. Plus he’s the only person left with an Idol. Personally though I’d like to see Adam, Hannah and David at the end.

1 Like

Totally agree.

1 Like

Spectacular dumbness from Ken. Deserved getting voted out immediately for that.

1 Like

There are only 2 episodes remaining of the current season but 8 people still remaining. This weeks episode will have two Tribal Councils and then it looks like 6 will go into the finale (which has only ever happened one other time before in Second Chances). The end game feels a bit rushed to me. I would have preferred a double boot earlier on pre-merge if it had to happen. I guess in seasons with a cast of 20 they expect a medevac or someone to leave unexpectedly which didn’t happen, plus the first episode was 4 days (instead of 3) so they’ve had to speed it up later on.

This is the complete opposite to the pace of Australian Survivor. :joy:

Thursday 15 Dec 2016 on 9GO!

12:00 pm (midday) SURVIVOR: MILLENNIALS VS. GEN X Final
In the final of Survivor’s 33rd season, we will find out who can ultimately outwit, outplay and outlast to take the crown.
02:00 pm SURVIVOR: MILLENNIALS VS. GEN X Reunion Episode

Encores at 7.30pm / 9.30pm

Thursday is tomorrow, which is the 8th…

Fixed thanks

1 Like

Two tribals in one game - much too rushed.

Jeff to Will at the first: “So what was the reaction when you got back to camp” Will: “That caused a lot of stir around camp”. Yeh - would have been nice to have seen that!

1 Like

Agree. This is why casts of 18 are better than 20 person casts. They still have to fill the same number of episodes (15 including reunion) either way. So this season because there were no medevacs or people quitting, they had to insert a double ep and make the finale 6 people as well.

Good move getting rid of Sunday last night. I agree that she was a final 3 threat as she didn’t stand a hope of winning and an easy goat for people to want to take to the end.

I’ve always had a feeling that Hannah will win this just based on the editing. It will be interested to see how it all pans out. What could the Legacy Advantage be? I’m thinking possibly immediate immunity at the F5 stage and no immunity challenge (given we need 4 tribals this episode). The preview I’m pretty sure showed Ken opening the advantage, so we know he makes it at least 5th.

Jeff makes a cameo appearance (as himself) in this week’s ep of Life in Pieces as family members make an audition tape for Survivor.

1 Like

A preview of Season 34 - Survivor: Game Changers was shown during tonight’s final. Set in Fiji again, It will feature returning players and premieres 8 March 2017 US time (two weeks later than usual).

Some of the survivors made tonight’s show.

Interview with Jeff about the season

I cant believe Adam won…his sad story about his mum got him the win for sure.
I really wanted David to win :frowning:

Yeah I cannot believe that Adam won with such a landslide. He was a deserving winner but Hannah would have been a deserving winner as well and she deserved votes. I thought it would be much closer. I feel like she made more decisions post merge than he did and she was always on the right side of the vote. I was annoyed that he pulled out the sympathy card right at the very end because that must have edged him out.

Bring on next season. It’s a great cast - the best they’ve had since Heroes vs Villains. Lots of strong players returning and lots of entertaining ones from recent seasons too.

I heard jury members say that about Hannah too - that (supposedly) “she was always on the right side of the vote”. Why do I often remember her shocked at who was actually voted out, or unsure at Tribal Council as to who was going home? Hardly a dominant player…

But yes, Adam’s actual gameplay was even worse - quite erratic. However, I can’t believe Hannah and him (well, mostly Hannah - stupid Chris at the final Tribal thinking it was all Adam’s work) convinced Ken to vote David off. I couldn’t believe Ken did that.

I feel sorry for Adam so won’t criticise the fact he won - but I am so, so glad that the nutcase Hannah did not win.

Next season - I LOVE Sandra, but she’s played twice already, come on. Give us something new. Can’t stand the thought of watching boring Ozzy again for the millionth time, or bitchy nasty Sierra, or lazy Cerie. Urgh. They just had a returnees season too.

She was always on the right side of the vote except for once. The time you remember her being shocked at who went out was Mikkayla. That was the only time. You are probably thinking of the number of times that she came close to going e.g. the tie with Zeke, the vote that Zeke actually left etc as her name came up in votes quite a lot. Plus that Tribal Council whispering :joy:

Yeah I didn’t get that. Chris blatantly stands there like he knew for a fact that Adam convinced Ken to vote that way. It seems like the jury made heaps of assumptions about Adam’s game that were not quite correct. I’m guessing Dave probably incorrectly told the jury at Ponderosa that it he thought it was all Adams work. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.

I never liked Sandra (and I’m still annoyed she won HvV) but as a fan I think it’s great they have convinced the only two time winner to return. It has been 6 years since Sandra last played. I read an interview with Jeff earlier regarding next season and he said the second they called Sandra she jumped at the opportunity to play again. She didn’t care where it was, what the theme was or the fact that she could ruin the perfect record. I guess that’s what’s great about her. She doesn’t care about trivial things and just wants to play the game again. Ozzy I’m definitely annoyed about getting his 4th shot but I think he will be one of the first boots.

Also Sierra was never bitchy or nasty? She barely made a peep in Worlds Apart and is the most random wtf on this cast. Also who is Cerie? Not sure if you are referring to Cirie as the lazy one or Ciera? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cirie then, haha. The one scared of leaves!

1 Like