Survivor (US)

New timeslot for Survivor is 7.30 on 9GO! from 1 December.

Some dopey finally realised no one was waiting up until 10:45pm to start watching it?

Another timeslot shift? Gosh they stuffed this season up. Should have been there from the get go. There’s not really any point in moving it now so late in the season. It’s just going to confuse viewers even more who have recordings set up and might not realise and miss it earlier.

Only 2 months too late.

Is it still live on 9NOW?

The latest episodes are must see for Survivor fans, particularly the second one. There’s a really great, unexpected bonding moment between a millennial and a gen x. Worth watching just for that but the ep is topped off by a brutal tribal council.

Nine really cocked up this season by not scheduling it on Go! in an early evening slot from the start.

You weren’t wrong. What a great moment. Probably my favourite moment in Survivor history.

That Tribal Council took Survivor to another level. Definitely up there as one of the most chaotic Tribals ever.

1 Like

So who are we all going for now? It seems the battle lines have been drawn (David Vs Zeke) but after last night who knows what is going to happen anymore.

I’m definitely on the #TeamDavid side! I like David because he’s very strategic but feels very real as well as he makes some silly mistakes along the way (e.g. handing the Idol to Ken hahaha). Zeke is starting to come across as an arrogant villain where his power position was getting too much for him. I just don’t like the way things had to go his way “lets get rid of David” and if Hannah had a different opinion how quickly that meant he would turn on her. I’ve grown a real soft spot for Hannah and would love her to win. She cracks me up the way she turns and whispers to people at tribal council. It took guts to turn away from Zeke which she could have easily just rode out for a while longer but now she’s made herself vulnerable and I respect that.

1 Like

Team Zeke all the way. Cannot stand David. I do like Hannah. She handled her OCD to the best of her ability last night. I have no idea how she is doing the show. I really felt for Jessica. Poor thing.

Haha I am the complete opposite. I can’t stand Zeke anymore!

In regards to Jessica - it amazes me how close she says she came to switching her vote to Hannah and how much she regrets not doing it. I know it’s a terrible way to leave the game but lets get real. The only reason that she was still there was because David played his Idol for her earlier on, and also the fact that they saved her the last vote by getting rid of Chris. She was given two lifelines by some very loyal people so she owed her life to them. If she had turned on them she would have looked like the biggest idiot and been in a useless position. She did the right thing in the scenario. I just hate how it means David is probably on the bottom now.

Anyway this level of Survivor craziness is what separates the US version from our Aussie one. To think how hard people are playing at this point and how unpredictable it has become compared to our version where everyone seemed to feel comfortable at this point.

2 Likes

Yeah agree Chris - I’m totally on Team David at the moment (and didn’t like the way Brett poked fun at him at the last TC). Zeke does seem to be very controlling and passive-aggressive.

However, I very much do not like Hannah. She seems so fake. The whole crazy persona is just tired old shtick.

And oh how I hate her purposeful ‘erratic’ whispering at Tribal Councils. However, this time, it messed her up. For some reason, she asked Sunday, on the opposing side, what the plan was that she was discussing with Brett and Will. Sunday, brilliantly, just threw out ‘Ken’. This meant David stupidly played his idol for Ken (instead of Hannah). It would have been so delicious if Hannah was knocked out by her own stupidity.

No feelings for Jessica - I hated her from the beginning when she rudely ignored Ken when he warned her that she was in danger. And this was her second chance at the game anyway considering David played his idol to save her back then. And lastly, she voted for a deadlock herself - she knew the consequences.

1 Like

At this stage though, probably hoping for a Will win in the end. Don’t know if I like Jay either yet - would be nice if he stuck around for a while to shake things up.

[quote=“Chris, post:143, topic:823”]
Another timeslot shift? Gosh they stuffed this season up.[/quote]

I’m amazed that I’ve managed to record the whole season so far to watch later through timeslot changes and a couple of 40-minute late starts for the cricket. But there’s still time for Nine to screw it up for me.

Crazy tribal last week. I would have preferred anyone but Jessica to pick the black rock (but not if it had meant losing Hannah earlier). David deserved it just for stupidly giving his idol to Ken, who got NO votes.

1 Like

I don’t think it is a persona… She has OCD.[quote=“Firetorch, post:152, topic:823, full:true”]
At this stage though, probably hoping for a Will win in the end. Don’t know if I like Jay either yet - would be nice if he stuck around for a while to shake things up.
[/quote]

I’m not sure if I like Will. I think he is a bit weak. He was willing to vote out Jay the week before… Something I found quite strange considering they were friends. I think I am going for Jay, only because he is the underdog. But then again he is slightly annoying.

Yep you are right she does have OCD. She is doing extremely well under the pressure considering.

Agree regarding Will. I can’t think of a single thing he’s really done so far but sit under the radar. He has literally floated to this point. The preview shows him wanting to make a move next week so lets see how this turns out.

1 Like

I know a fair few people and have actually worked with people who had OCD and I don’t know one of them that could handle the pressure, and they would admit to that as well. She is doing a great job. She annoyed me a bit with the whispering and the hyped up words but that is only because I momentarily forgot she had OCD and then that answered why she was doing that. She cannot control those sorts of moments and it isn’t the ‘crazy’ persona its the OCD.

1 Like

OCD is not a catch all condition for any erratic behaviour. It doesn’t mean you bizarrely whisper at a point in time when you are meant to be silent (Tribal Council). It doesn’t mean you huff and puff in an overly dramatic fashion at the reveal of a surprise vote. These characteristics are actually the reverse of what you would expect from a person with OCD; people who prefer to do things in a very precise and ordered way.

Haha who cares she’s young and is a bit of an oddball. I think it took guts to go against Zeke in the last tribal and start playing the game her way as she could have easily just continued floating with him for a few more votes. I like this season that we have/had a few very different characters to usual (mostly David, Zeke, Hannah and Michaela)

Yes it does. I had a child who I taught in my class who had OCD and he often whispered erratically.[quote=“Firetorch, post:157, topic:823”]
These characteristics are actually the reverse of what you would expect from a person with OCD; people who prefer to do things in a very precise and ordered way.
[/quote]

But that is the thing when people with OCD are faced with a situation that is not precise and ordered these behaviours are very common. It is why OCD and Turrets normally go hand in hand.

1 Like

Nah, I disagree. I don’t see much of the behaviour at camp. I think she’s just a show pony and wants screen time at tribal council. I have a very good BS radar haha.