Survivor (US)

What is the new twist?

The rumoured twist is call “The Island of Extinction” - Basically, everyone who has been voted off will live on a new island. They are free to leave the island at any point and lose the shot at the money and the title. At pre-determined points in the game (likely merge, and at some point towards the end-game) the castaways on the island will compete in one challenge to re-enter the game.

Not sure if I like it

The problem with the concept is that it seems like that essentially someone can be voted out on Day 1, then come back at the Final 5 and win. It also means that the jury could potentially be huge if most people hang around until the very end. Also think how big an advantage that person will have that comes back at Final 5 given they’ve been with the “jury” the entire time, so would be friends with most on the jury by the end not having to play the game with them.

I would prefer that the pre-merge people are out when 1 person comes back into the game and then the only the post merge people that are voted out can stay till the end but it doesn’t seem to be that way. There might be some finer details to the rules that we aren’t yet aware of which restrict it more but yeah its definitely a big format change. Apparently this was the original idea they had for Ghost Island, but scrapped it and have now decided to go with it.

2 Likes

Double episode tonight

Oh I didn’t realise. AWESOME!!

This season is everything. Both episodes were good.

I’m starting to quite like Kara and Angelina is still a fave of mine. I found it hilarious the way she bartered for rice. It’s a shame to see Alec go as I quite liked him too but apparently he has been banned from the reunion for posting a picture of him and Kara on instagram before the cast was announced, which was a breach of contract. I’m not sure what the big deal is as it didn’t say anything Survivor related and most Survivor sites figure out the cast anyway.

I hate that they feel the need to constantly rehide Idols but I’m glad it still doesn’t feel too overridden with advantages as people are playing the game and we’ve still only had 2 tribals where advantages have been played. Lots about this season feels very old school. Not too many dominant players, barely anyone invisible, everyone is interesting, likeable and getting airtime and it feels like it could be anyone’s game at this point. I still have no idea where this season is going to go.

1 Like

How does Alec keep getting better looking? Seriously his shirt was even clean! The guy is a fucken god!

2 Likes

Not sure about Angelina. I find her game has been quite weak. She has been on the wrong end of most votes since the merge. I wonder whether she is really that strong of a player or if she deserves to make it to the end.

Love the ding ding when Carl was voted out.

She won’t make it to the end and if she does she is likely to get 0 votes in the final.

nearly what lil Morris did way back when in season 7.

Not really. She still played for a substantial part of the game and had to play post merge to the F2. If the format is whats rumoured, you can be first out, sit in limbo till top 5, come back in and only have to get through a couple tribals or immunities to be F3 and win (given you’ve sat on an island with every person on that jury building friendships). Its a big difference.

Also an advantage to have not been involved in voting out, lying to, back-stabbing, blind-siding or generally disaffecting most of the jury.

1 Like

Thursday 20 December

12:00 AEDT SURVIVOR: DAVID VS GOLIATH
Finale
After weeks of trying to outwit, outlast and outplay, the last standing Survivors go all out for the chance to walk away from the competition with one million dollars.

14:30 AEDT SURVIVOR: DAVID VS GOLIATH
Reunion
The survivors from season 37 sit down together to discuss their experience. Strategy is discussed, relationships are rekindled and scores are settled.

Repeated:

21:30 SURVIVOR: DAVID VS GOLIATH Finale

00:00 SURVIVOR: DAVID VS GOLIATH Reunion

1 Like

CBS2 NY schedule, according to ontvtonight.com is Survivor 8:00-10:00pm, Reunion 10:00-11:00pm. I wonder why Nine has the finale scheduled for an extra 30mins? Maybe they’ll gradually delay the broadcast to fit in more ads? :thinking:

More often than not the finale goes over and the reading of the votes etc goes way past the 2 hours, leaving on 30-mins for the reunion.

Does anoyne know though if the finale will be a final 5 or 6? I’m wondering if this weeks will be a two tribal episode or if they will have 6 in the finale.

Another great episode last night where I had no idea who was going at that tribal. I did not expect Christian as he barely had any airtime last night compared to previous weeks.

At this point I like most people left which is rare but I’m predicting the F3 will be Mike, Angelina and Nick just based on their edits they seem like end gamers. Last night was all about Mike’s move to get rid of Christian which I’m guessing comes something he pitches at the end. Then Angelina has been pretty consistently focused all season (and any bet that rice thing comes up again) and Nick just seems like a strong chance of winning. He’ll either be 4th or 1st.

I think Nick will win today.

If he does, it will make him the most predictable winner ever. Yes, he has played a wonderful game so far but he has been the obvious winner ever since the tribe swap which would be a massive anti-climax to an otherwise great season.

Hard to believe that had Pat not been medically evacuated he would’ve been the first one voted out.

I dunno why everyone seems to think that Nick will win. I do actually like him but he has been so flip floppy and often on the wrong side of the vote. I think the edit has been strong on a lot of contestants this season but I guess of the ones remaining he has definitely been more prominent. Of the David’s if Davey made it to the end I think he would be a more deserving winner.