Survivor (US)

She’s said she’ll consider going back on, but with her future husband (Fincher, that is)

[from the article:] (The Leading Source for Entertainment and Celebrity News | Entertainment Tonight)

While she has reportedly passed on multiple offers to return to the game, Parvati tells us we may see her and John back for another go but this time together, once they figure out their plans for another kind of tribe. “I’m sure we would consider the opportunity to play ‘Blood vs. Water’ together, but it would have to be timed well for us. I’ve got big plans for our family-to-be!”

1 Like

Trust me if she wanted to come back she would have by now. Parvati is without a doubt the greatest female player that the show has ever had and Jeff Probst thinks so too. I know after Heroes vs Villains she said that she wouldn’t play the game again but reading those comments above makes it looks like she could consider it again if the timing was right. If a Blood vs Water season is what it’s going to take to get her back then I want them to do one again now!

You are getting too caught up in the title/theme. Essentially this is just another All Stars season and they didn’t want to call it that again so have given it the title Gamechangers to differentiate it. When casting the season title had not been decided on and also a couple of big names dropped out last minute too (i.e. Natalie the twinnie who won San Juan Del Sur was originally cast but dropped out, and Sierra from Worlds Apart was her replacement).

That’s why when the cast was originally leaked people thought it was going to be a Legends vs. Second Chance season as this cast could have perfectly been split this way… but they went with the Game Changers title and so be it.

1 Like

Do you think they will attempt an all winners season?

When does this start, and any word on when Nine is showing it?

Thursday 9 March at 7.30pm on 9GO!

2 Likes

Which is the same day as the US?

Si- 8 March in US

1 Like

In theory its an awesome idea but I think that would be highly unlikely as the casting pool is too restricted. For starters it would be too hard to get 18-20 previous winners to commit at once… plus for every season you need to have backups incase people pull out last minute (which usually always happens) so they would need at least 20+ people to be willing to do it to be safe. Also a lot of the winners have played again already (i.e. on my count as of this coming season 14 previous winners have played more than once… some 3 times). Add to the fact that a lot of winners refuse to play again because what have they got to prove? They’ve won and why tarnish that image by potentially getting voted out early. A lot of superfans have been begging Kim (winner of One World) to return but she refuses and has kids now so not going to happen.

The more likely scenario would be to have a Winners vs Runner ups season or something like that. I think they were originally going for that angle this season but once they started locking names in it was too hard to get enough of the right people back at once so it just became Game changers.

1 Like

Yeah I understand the logistics may prevent it from occurring. I would love to see an all winners season. Not that I am a big fan of many of the winners anyway. But I do believe it would be quite epic. After 30+ seasons you would think they could find at least 16 past winners and 4 back ups though. Perhaps give it another 5 years and it might be more possibly.

Oh good, a normal time and fast-tracked for a change!

1 Like

For a change? I’m pretty sure we’ve had every season from the last few years fast tracked the same day (last season was in a dodgy timeslot, but still fast tracked for most of the season).

1 Like

I don’t think the first few episodes last year were fast tracked.

Yes after 3 weeks we were caught up.

1 Like

IIRC - the first ep was shown one week late on the main channel at 10pm after the Footy Show then a double was shown the next week.

SURVIVOR: GAME CHANGERS

PREMIERES THURSDAY, MARCH 9, AT 7.30PM

FAST-TRACKED FROM USA ON 9GO!

Survivor: Game Changers, the 34th season of the award-winning adventure reality series Survivor, premieres with a special two-hour episode fast-tracked from America on Thursday, March 9, on 9GO!

Filmed in the Mamanuca Islands in Fiji, the upcoming season will feature 20 returning castaways who have all helped the game that began in 2000 to evolve even further, with an accelerated level of competition and a proven willingness to risk it all in order to become the prized Sole Survivor.

Over the past 17 years, Survivor has ramped up the mental, physical and strategic challenges to remain the most complex adventure series on television – and now these 20 castaways will face the most gruelling Survivor test yet.

The castaways, who have made some of the biggest moves in the history of the game, will be divided into two groups of 10 – the Mana and Nuku Tribes – and forced to compete with the same ultimate goal: to outwit, outplay and outlast each other.

Meet the 20 returning castaways, including the previously announced two-time winner Sandra Diaz-Twine; fan-favourites Cirie Fields, Ciera Easton and Tai Trang; challenge dominator Ozzy Lusth; Cagayan winner Tony Vlachos; Millennial standout Michaela Bradshaw; and Caleb Reynolds, who was medically evacuated from his earlier season.

1 Like

Very pumped for this season!

Just watched this video with Jeff Probst and the cast mates. So good to have some of these characters back again. I’m so glad Debbie is back she cracks me up. :joy:

1 Like

Cannot wait. Have been watching some past seasons I missed out on to catch up.

Which seasons have you been watching? I wish I had the time to rewatch some old seasons. I actually got given Micronesia (the season where Parvati wins) on DVD a few months ago but still haven’t had the chance to watch it. Probably my fave season of all time.

Thanks for the recommendation. I recently watching Heroes V Villains as it was one I hadn’t watched properly. And I am onto Cagayan nearly finished. I have been going at these for approximately 2 months though. I was thinking Cook Islands or Micronesia next.

All 4 seasons that you mention there are some of the best of all time IMO.