Survivor (US)

This was a really entertaining season from start to finish.

It was interesting watching this on the back of the Australian Survivor series too to compare the two directly… I think it highlighted the lack of hidden immunity idols in Aus Survivor’s post-merge, which would have given those few who wanted to actually play the game a chance to stay ahead of the ‘mateship’ group. I also felt like Ken and Hannah seemed very similar to Lee and Kristie in gameplay and personality, and it says a lot that neither of them got any votes to win.

There was no lack of Idols in Australian Survivor. I think you seem to forget that nobody wanted them in our version! I think this season highlighted how the gameplay of Survivor has just evolved over years, and out local version felt a few years behind. I was actually annoyed that there were too many Idols this season. At one point you had 3 people with Idols and 2 people with advantages (Reward advantage and Legacy Advantage). I don’t think they should have rehidden the Idol at the Final 5 stage as heaps had been played already… although it didn’t really make a difference anyway. Adam actually wasted both his Idols which was a big weakness in his game that the Jury seemed to overlook.

Based goddess

Feels a lot longer than 6 years :disappointed:

Hannah did have a shot at winning but it was really her vs two ‘sob stories’. When she was pitching her case at the FTC I actually thought she may of gotten across the line, until I actually saw the votes being read out.

I didn’t mind Adam’s gameplay, but it coulda been way more hardcore like David or Jay’s gameplay was.

Well I guess he saw it that way since for a few tribals Adam has voted for David and drew that conclusion. It kinda was his decision to vote out David, he pulled Hannah along with him and she was just the messenger.

Bring back Dreamz I say so he can be gifted a car by Yau-Man and then stab him in the back by voting him out.

I still loathe Dreamz for that.

Cirie is one of my favourite players (after Sandra) cannot wait to see her play again.

Michaela’s shell theory was one thing I cannot wait to hopefully see again. Hopefully she aligns with Sandra and they get far in the game!

If Sandra doesn’t win, well, lets cross that bridge if we get to it

A very disappointing result, with the jury handing it to Adam because of his mother. If I were on the jury I would ignore the sob stories, or even mark anyone down who brought one up. If you allow contestants’ external circumstances to affect your decision it’s not a fair contest any more. IMO, everyone starts with an equal shot on day 1 and from there decisions should be confined to how they play the game, not anything outside it.

3 Likes

I was surprised Adam got all the votes. Out of the 3 he did play the better game but didnt deserve to win convincingly.

I liked Hannahs game but she was quite weak in the pitch to the jury.

1 Like

Was there an actual pitch to the jury that we missed or was it just responding to questions? This season’s eps were so tightly edited it’s hard to know.

1 Like

The first question was directed for them to pitch why they deserved to win but I mean the responses to the question (which is the pitch). I felt she talked over the top of Adam a lot.

I agree the edit was very tight. The 2 hour special was very rushed and consisted of way too many challenges.

1 Like

[quote=“turdall, post:187, topic:823”]
I felt she talked over the top of Adam a lot.[/quote]

Only when Adam kept disparaging her game. She cut him off to defend herself.

I thought Hannah’s pitch to the jury was pretty good.

Yeah I understood that. But I don’t think she needed to defend herself when it was his turn to talk and could have been an instant turn off. She could and had the chance to say those things when it was her chance to answer the question. I didn’t like her answers to the questions and I didn’t think she handled the pressure that well. And I think that is the worst thing because her game play was good.

1 Like

Agree. Like I’ve said Hannah or Adam would have both been deserving winners IMO. I still would have preferred a Hannah win as I think she played better strategically and made riskier moves post merge but Adam had a better social game I guess.

Agree with that as well. I was convinced Hannah had a real good shot based on her responses at the jury. She owned Adam on a lot of those comments, proving she did have a strong strategic game.

I read a lot of Survivor boards and sites and the general consensus was definitely confusion at that 10-0 result. Only masterminds of the game have won in the past with that convincing of a result and Adam is nowhere in that league. The jury MUST have been bitter on Hannah for some reason that we didn’t see or maybe Adam did get the vote because of his mother and that just explains it. I think being such a rushed finale with 6 contestants remaining means the final tribal council suffers a bit (no opening or closing statements) and its edited down so it’s harder for viewers to get perspective on why certain people voted certain ways. Although that wouldn’t make a difference if a lot of his votes were sympathy in the end.

Considering Bret’s comments in the final episode about the remaining contestants being ‘crazies’ (and not so subtly directed at Hannah), I’d say they viewed her the same way I do. An annoying fruit loop.

Hannah’s final TC performance was woeful. Argumentative, aggressive and an instant turn off.

1 Like

A few posts related to accessing previous seasons of Survivor have been removed.

Please be reminded that we frown upon discussion of how to and where to access illegally hosted copyrighted content.

Sorry. I was meaning legally.

That’s fair enough. There was nothing wrong with your original post it’s just that it attracted directions to “those” sites.

I hear you, this is what I got at home

Thanks that is an idea. Could be quite expensive. I wish Stan would upload them to their streaming service. I would get back on board if they did.

I wonder why they have never got Parvati back? She would have to be one of the strongest contestants to have ever played the game.

Parvati was in Cook Islands, won Micronesia and appeared in Heroes vs Villains. I hate it when they bring people back too often.

Yeah the last being season 20. I thought she might have been asked back for Game Changers. I would consider her one of the biggest game changers.

Many others are on their fourth (some already had) appearance.

Also regarding Game Changers I really don’t understand how JT got in there? He must have played the dumbest move in Heroes v Villains by giving an immunity idol to Russel.