Supermarkets and Retail

I don’t mind Reece’s peanut butter/chocolate combo but it’s way too salty for my palate these days. Agree about Hershey’s chocolate. Yuck!

1 Like

Now I have to try it next time I go to the shops lol

I wish Krispy Kreme kept the Nutella doughnuts as a permanent doughnut. Although can get them atm at 7-eleven they only there for a limited time. The Peanut Butter one is now permanent due to popular demand so I guess alot of people enjoy them (I can’t eat peanuts due to a mild but decreasing allergy)

It’s nearly now been 4 years since the KK popup store at the Perth Royal Show. Still can remember queuing up to eat a box of Glazed. Think I walked out with 3 boxes. I ate one whole box when they were just fresh off the line. Nowdays I struggle to eat more than 6.

2 Likes

I remember driving to the Penrith store to buy a box of the original glazed hot off the conveyor belt. That’s the only way to eat Krispy Kreme, when they are fresh. It’s a pity that it seems impossible to buy them freshly made in Sydney, they all appear to be made in a factory somewhere and shipped in.

2 Likes

Usually around 6pm is the best time to go… I gone there a few times and always got them fresh. Not sure if it’s the same over in Sydney.

1 Like

Personally I think the original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts are alright when they’re freshly made, but fairly average otherwise.

Unfortunately though, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if all the KK doughnuts we get here in Sydney these days are made in a factory somewhere…or only available freshly made in the stores early in the morning when you’d probably prefer a McMuffin & Hash Brown from the Maccas across the street. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Reese’s puffs Reese’s puffs

I personally think Krispy Kreme doughnuts are overrated. I’ve had one recently and it didn’t taste very nice at all. I’ve tasted better doughnuts elsewhere, although currently being health-conscious I rarely consume these types things nowadays anyways.

1 Like

I don’t eat Donuts all that often, I think most of the options KK has are alright albeit they’re only worth it when they run various buy one dozen get another free type specials throughout the year. They’re just too expensive otherwise.

The original glazed also just plain suck if they’re not fresh.

2 Likes

My sister thought I was crazy when I said the iced donuts at coles were better than KK’s

1 Like

I’ve had one from Donut King before and they aren’t half bad. Much better than KK. Never had any from Coles though. :wink:

Have never understood the attraction of Doughnuts which just taste like stale bread covered in sugar. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: For a sugar hit, I prefer a muffin.

KK - Tassie’s biggest import item on the planes I reckon. Pop up store coming to Hobart in October but nothing near me. Our office has just moved though to where there is Donut King across the road. That’s good enough for me and looking at the clock right now, I’ll be back soon with some sugary goodness!

1 Like

I suspect the KK popup store in Sydney airport does well; I saw several people with boxes coming off a flight to Qld yesterday (lucky I wasn’t flying today).

Today I was annoyed by the ComBank’s touchy pay thingy showing the AmEx logo but responding with “Card not recognised”; it’s been how long and they’re still too lazy to only show the logos for what they accept (as if it’s that hard to do).

It seems only certain banks will remove the cards that aren’t accepted by the merchant off the screen - I know for a fact that Westpac and NAB are generally accurate but CBA never is.

The only ones I recall seeing lie has been ComBank; Westpac, NAB, ANZ and smaller ones like Bendigo, Suncorp all seem to be accurate but I’ll have to keep an eye out from now on.

Have Doughnut Time arrived in any other capital city yet? There would have to be close to a dozen stores now in Brisbane.

They’ve got quite a few stores in Sydney, have seen them at the QVB, Galleries Victoria, Central Park, Manly and I think Bondi as well.

There’s another place which does quirky doughnuts at Barangaroo but I’m not sure what it’s called (pretty sure it’s not a Doughnut Time).

They’ve expanded aggressively in Melbourne and Sydney, at least 10 stores in each. Can’t imagine they’ll last long (The pricing and the quirkyness reeks of the Cupcake fad that most capital cities went through about 5 years ago).

Yes Doughnut Time is way too expensive and not that great. Tried them in Glebe about 18 months ago. There’s also a pop up type one near the cinemas at Macquarie centre.

Also at Newtown and Surry Hills. There was also one in World Square but it may have closed.