Supermarkets and Retail

That’s a lot of (cold) potato passing.

2 Likes

Imported added preservatives. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is kind of retail related…

I didn’t realise Stockland changed their logo recently.

I thought the old one was fine, could have just been tweaked.

8 Likes

I thought the logo was fine but that new logo is pretty good tbh.

The trend of simplifying logos is really hit or miss for me, which this definitely falls under the latter. Oh well.

1 Like

I think this logo is better than the one Coles have been using since 1991.

Coles 1973-89

2 Likes

I don’t think it will have the visual impact on signage from a distance. The old Stockland icon was very distinctive

Saw this at my local woolies the other day. I think this sign is late 90s or early 2000’s

2 Likes

Why did you delete this and repost this after a day?

16 Likes

Didn’t get any replies?

1 Like
3 Likes

Unless Myer has something planned, it makes no sense why it wants to leave the Queen Street Mall (or indeed Brisbane CBD) given its prime location and public transport access.

Although it is called Myer Centre, it is more like a retail complex with Event Cinemas, restaurants and 180 shops. If Vicinity is to redevelop the site it needs to do it in stages to reduce disruptions for tenants and shoppers.

I last visited the place in 2014 (I was in Brisbane for a Delta Goodrem concert) and the interior looked pretty dated.

2 Likes

It makes a lot of sense given Myer is reducing floor space and has previously flagged it is working through a lot of its leases.

2 Likes

More info

“Whilst we remain committed to the Brisbane market, we have been unable to negotiate a reasonable commercial outcome with the landlord and as such will continue to look for an alternative CBD location,” King said.

2 Likes

Myer’s full statement

1 Like

It will be interesting to see where in the Brisbane CBD that they move to… no doubt it would be smaller than where they are now.

Id say that is exactly the case… they have other plans. Why else would they make the move?

1 Like

the only place comes to mind is the treasury building which is slated to be turned into a department store when queens wharf opens later this year

2 Likes

Brisbane doesn’t scream out to me a destination shopping mecca like Melbourne and Sydney cities, more large suburban mall sort of city. Number 1 Kmart and BIGW stores sit in Melbourne CBD. I would say poor performance might have played a part.

Haven’t been to Brisbane for a few years, have they upgraded the retail landscape, thinking like Emporium Melbourne etc? City didn’t really do much for us in regards to shopping, we went to the Westfield malls out in the suburbs.

I work in the CBD, less than a block from Queen St Mall. there are sections with high end shopping - Tag Heuer, Boss, Chanel, Louis Vuitton are all clustered around the top of the mall, but its bloody depressing elsewhere - tons of boarded up shops and more every day - places like INdooroopilly, Chermside and Carinadale are better - they have a better selection of shops and you won’t get done over on parking cost

4 Likes