Supermarkets and Retail

The two nearest bunnings to me are the ones with the underground carparks.

There is a special place undercover for these at the bottom of the escalators.

Can they not just take over the old Masters?

How exactly are they going to make an administration headquarters in a huge warehouse?

I imagine the costs of re-structuring, building floors, offices would be too great?

Hence they just contracted a company instead to build a modern HQ.

Kaufland Australia is looking for sites and hiring the initial staff. http://kaufland.com.au

They are looking for warehouse size sites.

Some of those old Masters sites may suit Kaufland if it can come to a deal with the consortium which now owns the sites.

1 Like

The $490 million redevelopment of The Glen was launched by Victorian Minister for Industry and Employment Wade Noonan today. It will be built over three stages and expected to be completed in 2020. David Jones is staying (after speculation in 2015 that the store would close and staff moved to the new store in Eastland, it did not eventuate) but will be renovated as well.
The first stage will refurbish the existing shopping centre, introduce international brands such as Aldi, relocate Woolworths to anchor the new fresh food market with Coles, a new contemporary food gallery and a casual dining hub over two levels.
Currently Woolworths is on ground floor of The Glen with Coles on basement level 1.

Looks like my local Woolworths have introduced a new POS. Not sure if its been seen anywhere else (most likely has) but the identifying aspect is the Woolworths “Bringing fresh ideas to you” slogan on the next customer please screen.

2 Likes

I’ve used it. I like it as the item comes on the screen faster after you scan it, and the eftpos works faster rather than the delay Woolworths and Coles terminals usually have.

If you’ve had the misfortune to use one of the new Coles terminals you would think anything would be better than that. The screens are cluttered with lots of useless info and make it difficult to work out whether the product has scanned or not and view the list of items.

Agreed, the layout is really poor especially for self serve - although i’m glad they’ve finally allowed you to say no to a receipt if you don’t need one when paying by card.

A couple of days ago I only bought a bottle of water from Woolworths with cash, it automatically spat out a receipt rather than asking if I wanted one, but I was surprised by how short the receipt was - it just had the water purchase on it, there were no promos for wine at BWS or anything else.

Why wouldn’t you take a receipt?

I got a free pizza and 1/2 a six pack of beer the other day from a BWS docket.

A three pack? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oops, I meant half price for a six pack.

1 Like

Pumpkin Patch has been saved from total closure at the 11th hour, bought by the owner of CatchOfTheDay.

1 Like

Northland Shopping Centre gets “Northlands” or given the demographic of that area… “Norflands” or “Norflandsmate”

2 Likes

Credit Suisse analyst Grant Saligari said earlier this week that Wesfarmers should sell Kmart and revive Target. I think it should sell Target instead.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/retail/sell-kmart-to-revive-target-warns-analyst-20170323-gv4mv3.html

and officeworks is for sale. didn’t know that.

A successful Target would be higher margin than Kmart - which by necessity would only be successful by winning a damaging price war.