Supermarkets and Retail

Yeah, I’ve always been conservative, I just buy stuff that I know I’ll like.
Don’t want to risk wasting it or forcing myself to eat it.

They don’t and they say they never will.

1 Like

Ha, yeah. Some of the stuff is identical - the frozen pizza slices for example are the same as the McCain ones. The chips used to be almost identical to Samboys until they changed recipe.

Aldi is fantastic for pantry staples, but as you say, the rest can be a lucky dip.

1 Like

I say this in Coles today, what you would get if you mixed Vegemite with tuna oil. It looks disgusting.

1 Like

Lines hundreds of meters long from one end of Murray St all the way to William St today in Perth for the Uniqlo opening. I knew it was going to be crazy, but man. This was intense.

It’s ok, but It’s not THAT good.

1 Like

Has Perth only just got Uniqlo?

Chadstone has had about 3 Uniqlo stores in the past 5 years

1 Like

Yes, and this store has been under construction seemingly forever (well over 2 years and they’ve known to be the anchor tenant in this particular CBD mall arcade for closer to 5).

No doubt a few more will appear in Perth as a number of big shopping centres continue to be extended / redeveloped.

2 Likes

Has it really been over 2 years of construction?

Maybe a little exaggerated, it’s been two years since planning approvals went out, and I’d say about 18 months since construction started on the arcade itself to modify it for this purpose.

1 Like

Muji recently opened at the Canberra Centre. Very nice store with nice stuff. I bought some polypropylene storage drawers last week, exactly what I wanted but I hadn’t been able to find them anywhere else.
https://www.muji.com/au/

Oh yeh. Makes sense.

Also really good for people who wanna be a tightarse and really don’t care for the quality of food. It’s a dark and depressing world when you get to that stage.

Some tidbits:

• I find their alcohol isn’t actually as bad as I thought;
  • Their tray of Lasanga is pretty good, and;
  • Obviously the fresh produce was somewhat good.

Golly gosh they just can’t get any cereal recipes right. I don’t want to vomit as I wake up, I just wanna eat some cheap as not cornflakes, talk shit on this site, read who’s presenting Seven/Nine Early News, Breakfast/Sunrise/Today and take a shit.

Aldi isn’t the worst and their food hasn’t killed me, yet.

3 Likes

Try their psyllium husk. You can’t even taste the difference between theirs and the name brand.

3 Likes

I have been to Muji in Hong Kong and Melbourne Central a few times. They sell everything from clothes, stationery, snacks to household goods. I bought a few semi transparent plastic stationery cases to store my USB drives.

1 Like

but what if I shid my pants later on

checkmate atheists

1 Like

A workmate of mine who is Indian says the Aldi frozen butter chicken is very good.

Seven News reports that Coles’ Little Shop campaign has been such a hit that it has secured rights to return it next year.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if Woolies makes a knock-off.