Supermarkets and Retail

You can still pick up Samboy at IGA.

2 Likes

Coles must not use Telstra then.

Coles announced in March that they had signed up with Optus.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/media-releases/2019/03/COLES-PARTNERS-WITH-OPTUS-BUSINESS-TO-DRIVE-STORE-EFFICIENCIES-AND-INNOVATION

2 Likes

Vicinity Centres announced on Tuesday the ten eateries that are coming to The Glen’s new southern dining precinct, which will open on August 1. It’s quite an impressive list.
https://www.shoppingcentrenews.com.au/shopping-centre-news/feature-stories/the-glen-announces-retailers-for-melbournes-newest-culinary-precinct/

2 Likes
3 Likes

The single use bags got reused for garbage in my household. I buy bin liners now for that purpose and have dozens of those .15c bags all over the place because it isn’t always convenient to carry a bag around for those times you do an impromptu shop. My plastic bag usage has gone up.

7 Likes

I hear ya. I use those 15c bags to put my recyclable cans in there, I also use them for bin bags in my car.

I have to keep some bags in the car and remind myself to keep putting them back in there. That’s the tricky bit.

2 Likes

Initially I saved up those single use bags before the ban came in last year, and reused them for my grocery shopping. When they got torn I simply took them to Coles or Woolworths for recycling. Then my parents told me they bought a huge pack of single use grey plastic bags from a stall seller so I just use those bags.

1 Like

I wish I still had some single use bags. They are the perfect size for when you only need to get 3 or 4 things. And they fit in your pocket on the way there.

So sometimes I’ll just take a Chemist Warehouse plastic bag in my pocket, which is about the same size.

I find the 15c ones too big.

I use flexi-tubs for my groceries (put them straight into a trolley then straight into the boot of my car) but I’m aware that’s not really a viable solution if you’re walking from the supermarket rather than driving.

3 Likes

My local shopping centre is using the American Kmart logo on their website.

8 Likes

The Target logo is the US one too, if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

It is too, good catch

2 Likes

As I mentioned previously, Coles at The Glen is being progressively renovated. When I visited the store yesterday and took this photo (which showed the dates each renovated department would reopen) the shop floor has been ripped up and is being relaid as well.

3 Likes

I’m 100% sure that is Mandurah Forum?

1 Like

Boo

Had hoped Papa John’s Pizza was coming back. They were pretty good pizzas for a cheap price!

‘Pinjarra Road’ gives it away :yum:

3 Likes

Unfortunately The Glen has gone upmarket with the redevelopment, so the likes of Papa John’s Pizza won’t be back.

1 Like

My local Coles (the one in Tooronga where their head offices are) is also being renovated and it’s taking a long time. They’ve reduced trading hours so it shuts at 8pm weeknights which was pretty frustrating when I arrived their around 7.40pm on Friday the other week and had to rush my grocery shop. I still can’t work out exactly what they are doing other than re-arranging where things are in the store but it’s taking much longer than it should considering they are closing 4 hours early every night and each week I don’t see much change.

2 Likes

If they are relocating stock, it is very time consuming to move it all if they have to remove and replace it all by hand, plus getting the new shelving in the right notches etc. At another retailer I worked at we used massive long pieces of flat timber that ran the length of the fixture and raised it with pallet jacks and whacked dollys underneath to move the fixture and stock all in one go.