Super Radio Network

Well they choose to list Marcus Paul on the 2SM website so fair play.

2 Likes

Yep and its really great that the “Latest Highlights” are from July 2021. What a packet of poo tickets.

2 Likes

i love it, im so amused by this, did u by the domain?

2 Likes

I’m loving surfing SRN’s websites - its a great tutorial in visual faultfinding websites and what is breaking them. They have everything from dead links to expired domains and active domains with no server attached. I even found an orphaned streaming player on one site(may have been 2smsupernetwork) sitting there a couple of levels down with no index.html existing. Perhaps they are using it as a STL stream to their Tx site. Brilliant stuff.

5 Likes

I bought a few domains, that happened to be available as well.

4 Likes

It’s like going back in time on their websites, reminds me of the old GeoCitiies pages from the late 90s-early 00s

3 Likes

My internet access is with iiNet and they provide a free ftp website which I still use: aka the same as what Geocities used to provide.

The state of SRN’s online presence would likely indicate it makes no $$$, hence it not being a priority. I think we have had this discussion earlier on this thread but I am skeptical about non-ionising radiation broadcasters who claim they are going to make lots of money online and grow that way.

4 Likes

Looks like Marcus is now off the 2SM page. No Breakfast show yet in Sydney? I didn’t tune into 2SM of late.

1 Like

Nope. Just relaying Richard King from 2HD for breakfast.

2 Likes

Will this be permanent?

I reckon it will be permanent. So Cheap. So Bill will take the advantage. Cheap is best at SRN. 2SM is increasingly just a 2HD relay. And the same rubbish website is back up. Sorry to those who thought 2SM took the site down to improve it and bring it beyond it’s 1990s look and feel … Yeah Right … nah. Shite reigns supreme.

4 Likes

That says it all… Never mind the quality.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed in recent weeks the FM Network has a new night show on weekends called “On Air with Brandon Atkins”. Great to see the network invest in talent!!!

I did some googling, the show was on community radio in Gosford for a few years with a cohost. Currently running solo at the moment (can’t help but think this was a management decision?). I think the cohost element worked better, but interested to see what their plans are here with this.

4 Likes

No more Love Song Dedications or Super Hot 8@8?

1 Like

Love Songs still running on new fm on weeknights, but I don’t think Super Hot 8 @ 8 has been thing a for the last year

3 Likes

I noticed today that there seems to be an increased uptake if RDS in our area. ZZZ and FM1047 have added RDS to their broadcasts. RT seems to be generic at the moment (as with the other stations in the area), but it is certainly a step in the right direction!

4 Likes

I wonder why CV1047 and not FM1047 as IDd on air.

I know CV is Clarence Valley, but still.

But any RDS is better than no RDS at all I guess.

5 Likes

Hopefully this means the 2GF FM conversion will also have RDS!

3 Likes

Perhaps there are a lot of Canberra Yogies that travel up to the Clarence Coast for holidays? Notwithstanding the move to (s)hit, most Canberrans still identify it as FM 104.7.

1 Like

Yes. 2GF 89.5FM will have RDS.
CV1047 will be changed to FM1047.
Thanks for your input.

5 Likes