Super Radio Network

Brooklyn - tropo

Northern Beaches - fortuitous LOS due to low signal of 2SER.

The move should be on to move Taree RA1 commercial services to Middle Brother before 2RE is considered for conversion.

When the 10kW BE is back in service, does it run at 10kW?

Coverage used to extend south to Caboolture and north to Maryborough, but lucky to get to Tiaro (somewhere there @Brianc68?) and thank goodness for FM 100.5 from Doonan for coverage south.

I felt its coverage was better than 4SS in the 90’s for covering a large distance but its shrunk. Why?

Nope only at 5kw as per what it is licensed for :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes it sounds so weak now and barely receivable past Tiaro. Back in the 80s 4GY was a local strength station in Maryborough during the day. In fact even north to Howard/Torbanlea. One of the on air promos on 4GY even started “From Torbanlea to …” The other town was a town starting with T way to the south of Gympie, illustrating the range. The main on air ID was “Wide Bay, Cooloola and Sunshine Coast”. This would have been early to mid 80s

2 Likes

FM 104.7 in Grafton has revealed a new logo. They have just posted it on their Facebook page.

Optus FM

6 Likes

The old logo had to go but yeah, that new one isn’t great IMO.

I personally think FM 1047 should’ve just adopted a tweaked version of Max 1073’s fairly recently launched logo.

3 Likes

Nice logo, though I think the M looks a bit too much like a W.

And PLEASE put the decimal point in the frequency!! Leaving that out is one of pet peeves.

I prefer how each SRN station has its own look and feel with the logos. A refreshing change from the corporatised SCA logos.

2 Likes

Alan Jones is about to appear on Talkin’ Sport as a guest.

They could call it Talkin’ More Shit.

2 Likes

Sadly so. Despite a great signal from Elanora across the Gold Coast and beyond.

For a one man band, Scott Mayman broadcasts a great breakfast show. Useful local information that you don’t hear elsewhere.

3 Likes

Scott Mayman is under-utilised.

1 Like

he was quite busy reporting for Super Radio Network News when i was there

1 Like

Satellite not working for Radio 97, Scott was on air at least after 11, read all the news bulletins and music shift, did foreshadow best of John Laws, so we know the internet is working at Tweed Heads South for it to be emailed up.

2 Likes

Today on the birthday of Stan Zemanek (29 May 1947), happened to be listening to a block of ads on Radio 97.

Bumper promo into the break: “Super Radio Network, Australia’s premier regional radio network”.

A Stan phrase would often say his callers, making it a trademark of his broadcasting, “self recommendation is no praise”.

James Yelland, or whoever writes those liners, try and be more humble in future.

2 Likes

it’s a little tactic to gently remind possible suitors, including SCA, that’s there a bunch of stations in the network and they’d better look at increasing their offers substantially.

I heard that one this morning on 2LF Young (on my way back home now via Bathurst), and I had a little laugh.

Yes, I know it would be a dig at SCA, but I think they can hardly call themselves the “premier” network when their coverage is limited to just northern & western NSW and southern QLD.

2 Likes

My grandmother used to say it the other way around “Self praise is no recommendation”.
It’s one of my favourites!

3 Likes

Mine too, I’m sure moreso for you with the connection to your Grandmother.

It’ll be 13 years this December since Stan finished up at 2UE, I may have it transposed. Would need to hear audio.

Sounds like something playing with themselves…if you get my drift. :wink:

1 Like