Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Whether or not this was a bad thing or not, Adam Boland never had a rotating roster of presenters on Sunrise particularly juniors. I agree with @inthewild, it is a shame that they never got anyone to replace Talitha (I hope she comes back though).

2 Likes

Woman’s Day have that covered: http://www.womansday.com.au/celebrity/hollywood-stars/denham-hitchcocks-sizzling-hot-romance-7268 (well maybe not the reading the news part).

1 Like

I am watching Sunrise again this morning. I am obsessed with Denham Hitchcock’s inability to read. It’s particularly noticeable when the sports reporter takes over.

Before next weekend I think someone at Sunrise should introduce Denham on the art of understanding commas and fullstops. The week after they could cover how to put a whole sentence together. The week after exclamation marks.

Is his role as newsreader proof that “looks are more important than talent”? Let me put it this way - has Denham ever read the news on radio?

2 Likes

I watched a bit of Denham this morning. Yes he isn’t good but I think that with work and time, he could be better. First things first, I like a male newsreader on breakfast and female on sport (simply because it is rare) and the fact that Denham is wearing a tie gives him a few extra points. I think Hitchcock’s problem is due to his time with Sunday Night. For some reason journos on current affairs shows tend to read reaaaaalllly s.l.o.w (Michael Usher does it at times too), unnecessarily emphasising words.

BTW, no weather presenter again this weekend with Simon reading sport and weather.

1 Like

Maybe Denham doesn’t look comfortable doing it yet but I rather his serious take on the news rather than Simon taking the piss out of everything and anything which is getting on my nerves. Do we constantly need stupid voices and accents to read the sport results.

1 Like

100% agree. I can never take Simon seriously and his constant interruptions of his reading is extremely unprofessional and annoying. I’d rather he read all the reports then comment before the cross to weather.

Monique will be co-hosting Sunrise this week.

Andrew is now on holidays, it sounds like Denham will be co-hosting next weekend.Angela Cox back reading news next weekend along with another week on Sunrise reading news.

2 Likes

Denham Hitchcock was alright, good on Sunrise/Seven for giving him an opportunity to present.

Did he ever present a bulletin over at Nine?

1 Like

Current affairs shows like SN cover what, five stories over an hour? There’s no need to narrate them at the same pace as you’d read a news bulletin.

1 Like

Yay for Ange. Boo for Monique

Monday (9.01.17)- Friday (13.01.17): Monique Wright is co-hosting with Kochie this week with Angela Cox on the news. Ryan Phelan is presenting sport. Sam Mac is back from holidays.

@spw68 I find Monique always seems to do better with the Sunrise team than the Weekend Sunrise gang.

2 Likes

I’m finding Monique quite good this morning. I usually can’t stand her on the weekend.

3 Likes

Yeah I think you guys are right.

Fresh faces put the summer heat on creaky Sunrise lineup

2 Likes

Yep. I’d prefer Ange over Sam anyway!
She’s a great talent at Martin Place

2 Likes

During summer we always see new talent filling in and for me this year Ange has been the standout.Apart from Sunrise she has also been reading news bulletins and working non stop.
Ange and Eddy both have potential and it has been great to hear it is being noticed…

3 Likes

Sunrise has made several gags about the Nine News Now jacket saga this morning including;

• “Thanks for your company this black Friday”
  • Ryan “Do you want me to step out"
    Kochie " If that is what you want to do”.
2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought that was one though. Friday the 13th is normally known as a Black Friday.

10 Likes

Monique mentioned she is on holidays next week,

3 Likes

Most likely everyone (Sam,Nat,Eddy and Beretts) will be back from holidays on Monday.
Monday’s show is a extended edition.

EDIT- Nat said on Instagram she is back on Monday and Ryan Phelan said see you then so Beretts must be still on holidays.

4 Likes