Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

When Mel was still on Sunrise she at least let the subject speak before going on to grilling them or talking further.

2 Likes

Now, where the hell have I heard that phrase ā€˜both sidesā€™ before?

2 Likes

That certainly is not the case on Twitter. The backlash is well and truly directed at Koch. He has been trending since 9am this morning.

1 Like

so does this mean a revolt from sunrise to today??? or are they all words no action

3 Likes

And Sunrise issued a statement to The Project that Pauline Hanson will continud to feature in the weekly segment with Derryn Hinch.

2 Likes

Was this on The Project? Does anyone have a video?

Found it - on The Project twitter page. Think the Project are attempting to have a dig at Sunrise who are free to have on whoever they want. Iā€™m just amazed at people trying to shut down anyone to the right of the centreā€™s opinion. Not trying to start a debate and will not engage in one but we have Clementine Ford for example who has asked for the murder of all men and never seems to get any criticism.

Sunrise are free to have on whoever they want, just like The Project is. Hinch, Hanson & Kochie agree more often than not and even agreed on a few things this morning. Itā€™s not as if they are disgussing immigration every single week.

3 Likes

I see youā€™re keeping a level head in the discussion and not resorting to extremes either.

3 Likes

so will kochie give his views tomrrow on what happned today or will it just be totally ignored liked it never happned??? like i said in my earlier post actions speak louder then words , its alright to call out kochie for what happned , but will they follow through and never watch sunrise again , and start watching either today or newsbreakfast??? i dont think so

1 Like

Key difference: Hanson is elected, Ford is not.

1 Like

Shit, just reading Facebook now. Seems like all of Sunriseā€™s Facebook comments on all posts are directed negatively at Kochie with #sackkochie seeming to pop up every once in a while. Will be interesting to see what impact this has on the ratings

i just saw a change.org pottion to get david koche sacked from his job . and to get sunrise moved from tv lol good work on that it wont change anything:)

2 Likes

Umm, I see plenty of Liberal Party politicians on TV channels across Australia.

Pauline Hanson and Anning are far-right, and as weā€™ve seen from the past week, their words have consequences in encouraging violence. I think itā€™s more than acceptable to be calling on Sunrise to stop giving her a megaphone to bleat uninformed and racist comments.

5 Likes

Doubt itā€™ll have a significant (if any) long term impact on the ratings. If past history is an indication, itā€™ll blow over after a few days as time marches on and people inevitably become outraged at someone/something elseā€¦

6 Likes

People just like to start outrage no matter what the facts are and what has occurred. The fact they canā€™t spell Kochie kind of makes me take the argument with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

Yep, I agree.

Social media isnā€™t really the best indication of how a program might perform in the ratings. Heck, the households of OzTam & RegionalTAM probably arenā€™t even allowed on social media (or at the very least, are under very strict guidelines in relation to what they can and canā€™t say publicly on such platforms)!

Perhaps watch the whole 7 minute segment from Sunrise rather than base your opinion on a 20 sec grab from The Project.

The whole segment can be found via Sunriseā€™s Twitter feed.

2 Likes

Not to mention Kerri-Anne Kennerley.

Although Iā€™d still be willing to predict that a local 6pm newsreader would actually find themselves unemployed if they were to make controversial comments similar in tone to those weā€™ve heard from some breakfast & mid-morning TV presenters in recent years.

I would take a guess that the majority of comments are not your average sunrise viewer but rather a galvanised army of trolls onto their next piece of fresh meat.

Soon enough there will be another front for them to fight - some other perceived voice speaking out against One Nation - and they will move on.

8 Likes

Well, news should be reporting the news not giving opinions.

3 Likes