Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Tuesday (19.02.2019) - Wednesday (20.02.2019): Nelson Aspen is presenting Showbiz.

The new plasma graphics, seen in that panning shot, reminds me a lot of the opener here:

2 Likes

I couldn’t work out what was on the screen. It didn’t seem to fit in and was unclear

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1098055951813210112?s=20

7 Likes

Thursday-

2 Likes

We must be due for Sam and Nat hosting together tomorrow

3 Likes

Friday-
Nat hosting with Sam and Eddy presenting News and Entertainment this morning.

9 Likes

Eddy will be live from the Oscars Red Carpet on Monday.

6 Likes

Still can’t make out what it’s aupoosed to be. I can see the 7 and sunrise logos, but what’s the design? Colours and shapes look random and faded.

1 Like

Sunrise just below 300k for Friday.
Over 130k ahead of Today. 5 city metro.
National figures: a 94% margin

5 Likes

Sorry where is this info?

Strong result to be No 16 show of the day, flogging the opposition and beating some evening offerings, but nothing on their peak back when the Mel/Kochie combo would frequently top 400k. Weekends were also frequently that high.

It is interesting to note that (since the week commencing Jan 14) the Sam and Nat duo do even better against Today than Kochie and Sam.

There are less people watching breakfast television now, though.

7 Likes

In that period of time though there was no catch up tv services or online streaming services like 7LIVE which weren’t available in the past. The social media presence of Sunrise and Today for that matter has dramatically increased to the point that every segment is posted on facebook so viewers can just select which segments they want to watch during the morning commute or on a lunch break.

5 Likes

Yep I know. Just saying.

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that.
Looking pretty certainly that Nat will replace Kochie when he retires.

4 Likes

Two days in a row Sunrise got close to 300,000. It also reached the top 20 on Thursday. A great week for the show.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the last time Ann Sanders or Jennifer Keyte presented the news on Sunrise?

I think Ann’s last appearance was in July 2013, based of this opener:

Meanwhile, I think Jennifer’s was in January 2010. IIRC she presented the news with Mel and Beretts hosting from Melbourne Park for the tennis the week before their 2010 relaunch.
It was no earlier than July 2007, based of this opener:
3 Likes

That previous set feels like it’s aged much better than the current.

5 Likes

I think you are pretty much correct. Ann read the news for a week (possibly a fortnight) in 2013, just before Sam officially started as co-host.

As for Jen, I don’t recall that 2010 stint (though I had switched over to Today around then anyway). However, I know she did a stint around 2007/08, presumably to strengthen Sunrise’s declining Melbourne audience. I don’t think she ever presented from the bookshelf set though (strange but the sets help me visualise).

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t recall her filling in after Sam started as co-host.

Sorry to keep asking questions, when was the last time Kylie filled in on weekdays? I know she filled in on Weekend Sunrise last year.

1 Like