Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Tuesday -
Nat co-hosting with Sam and Monique Wright is reading news.

3 Likes

During the first breaking news story of the 6:30 headlines the sunrise cash cow winners sound went off while Nat was talking and all supers and watermark disappeared for about a minute or so.

Some important breaking news that Sunrise was covering there.

6 Likes

There is something which is a real bonus for Sunrise (that is well known), but it caught my attention during a movie publicity interview with Jamie Lee Curtis the other day.

And that’s the windows and natural light of the Martin Place set-up. Her and Kochie/Sam on pedestals, in front on a giant plasma with the coloured panels but particularly the crowds and atmospheric background walking past the windows and natural light just look and feel so good and modern.

Maybe Today’s future at the new Nine CBD building can show off some outside walkway/environment?

Lol

8 Likes

yeah and one somewhat easy solution is they could install glass that can go between transparent and a video monitor. does the trick for both.

They used to have those in 2007-2008 so that when it was dark outside Sunrise would use a static image.

hence I mentioned it being an easy solution

2 Likes

Monday -
Nat co-hosting with Sam and Monique Wright reading news.

Nelson Aspen presented Entertainment from Monday - Wednesday this week.

2 Likes

Herald Sun reports today that Sam has renewed her contract with Seven and will stay with Sunrise. She made the announcement at Saturday’s Cox Plate race meeting at Moonee Valley but would not say how many years her new contract was for.

3 Likes

Thursday -
With the Royal Tour finished Edwina has returned to presenting Entertainment this morning.

Sunrise trackside for Melbourne Cup Carnival

5:30am Tuesday

For the race that stops the nation, Sunrise is the iconic way to start your day.

Kicking off from 5.30am Tuesday, join Kochie , Sam , Nat , Beretts , Eddy and Sam Mac for a special Melbourne Cup Day extended edition of Sunrise LIVE trackside at Flemington.

From track work to the Birdcage, Sunrise will have exclusive access to Flemington just hours ahead of the mighty race, with expert racing commentary from some of the biggest names in the industry plus the who’s who in fashion and entertainment.

Then join Seven’s coverage of the Melbourne Cup LIVE from 10am AEDT, hosted by Bruce McAvaney, Francesca Cumani and Richard Freedman.

Sunrise Executive Producer Michael Pell said: “Sunrise is one of the most well-travelled breakfast TV shows in the world. We are excited to once again head on the road for a major outside broadcast, to soak up the atmosphere at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day.”

Beretts and Eddy will keep viewers up to date for the duration of the Melbourne Cup Carnival, reporting live from Flemington for all the major race days.

Plus, Weekend Sunrise is live to co-host Basil Zempilas at Flemington for Derby Day and Stakes Day.

“Horses and champagne; what more could a girl ask for? PLUS, Sunrise is trackside with everything you need to know about the race that stops the nation. Join us for a truly great day out.”

Samantha Armytage

“We literally see Flemington wake up, make herself look wonderful and then showcase herself to the world. From arriving in the dark to the sounds of track work and the pandemonium at the other end of the day – Melbourne Cup for us is always a magical day.”

David Koch

3 Likes

Will be the last year that we’ll see them broadcast from Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day. Probably until Seven bids for the Melbourne Cup Carnival again whenever that may be

Saturday -
Chris Reason co-hosting with Monique in the studio

with Basil at Flemington Racecourse.

6 Likes

David Koch has signed a new contract with Seven, which will see him hosting Sunrise at least until the end of 2020. The Australian also reports that before Koch re-signed he apparently discussed joining the News-Nine joint venture business channel Your Money.

7 Likes

Kochie will be 64 when his contract finishes in 2020.

Retirement date likely for him

2 Likes

Monday -
Nathan Templeton is presenting sport.

1 Like

Kochie told Mumbrella today he was happy to extend his contract with Seven.

I’m delighted. I love doing Sunrise, it’s been a long time to start off by being asked to fill in for three months and that was 16 years ago, so I love the show…
I love the variety of the show, I am really pleased viewers and the bosses have asked me to do another two years.

5 Likes

Melbourne Cup 2018:

The show is live from Flemington.

6 Likes

Is the colour change to graphics permanent or just because they have “special coverage”?

1 Like

Just for their ‘special coverage’