Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday -
Grant talking about the drought with Eddy this morning.

4 Likes

I like this whole not worrying to much that there is a rival personality on your program (and yes I know Grant has history with Sunrise). It always baffles me that Aussie networks are so concerned about it when in the US and UK there are network personalities on talk shows all of the time. It really opens up the talent pool for light entertainment shows (not that Sunrise is light entertainment :wink:)

4 Likes

I may be lurking in the background :wink:

3 Likes

The ABC has lots of personalities from other networks: Mark Riley, Hamish MacDonald, Waleed Aly, Todd Sampson.

1 Like

The ABC isn’t a commercial media organisation. I absolutely understand, from a business perspective, not letting your talent get exposure on other programs.

Unless it’s in the context of promotion of upcoming product your airing (i.e. Dannii Minogue on Studio 10 promoting Dance Boss or Lisa Wilkinson on Interview talking about her departure from 9) – why would a network risk handing higher ratings on a platter to rivals by supplying their onair talent and giving rivals a drawcard to tune in?

There are more important things in the world than ratings eg raising as much money as possible for a worthy cause. Denyer is promoting the fundraiser not his next project.

Different Sydney camera angle this morning using the 6PM city feed. Was due to both contributors being in Sydney, looked quite nice actually

4 Likes

Monique and Basil reading the weather again this weekend.

2 Likes

Monday (13.08.2018): Sam has returned from holidays today to co-host with Nat. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news.

1 Like

Tuesday (14.08.2018) - Wednesday (15.08.2018): Nat is still co-hosting with Sam and Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news.

1 Like

Was good seeing Sam have a laughing fit this morning during the Cash Cow preview. Felt a bit like Sunrise of old.

7 Likes

Amazing to think that Sam moved across from Weekend Sunrise to replace Mel on the show 5 years ago this week. Time has flown!

5 Likes

You obviously don’t watch very often because Sam is very often in fits of laughter on the show.
Always great banter between the team on a daily basis.

3 Likes

No. I’m usually at work. But do record and watch parts of the show when I have spare time.

1 Like

Eddy will be live from Milton, New South Wales tomorrow morning covering the bushfires.

2 Likes

Thursday (16.08.2018):

Nat is co-hosting with Sam again this morning. Angie Asimus is reading the rest of the day’s news.

Entertainment Editor Nelson Aspen is on Entertainment duties today.

3 Likes

Various caps

5 Likes

Friday (17.08.2018): Nat is still co-hosting with Sam and Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news.

2 Likes

Kochie is back next week.

2 Likes

Monique and Basil reading weather forecast again this weekend.

2 Likes