Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday -

Ray is backstage at the Home and Away studio.

7 Likes

Something new?

2 Likes

Nat’s hair do?

5 Likes

Gee the blue graphics are almost worse than Mappy. Revolting.

Like to see them change it to a black with a slightly stretched out font.

They should be white on light blue like the American Today Show.

1 Like

Alf motherfucking Stewart, how’s the dungeon going? Caught any Mexicans yet?

1 Like

Doing what?

Talking to farmers and community leaders

5 Likes

She obviously went straight to work after her Year 12 formal.

3 Likes

So directly copying Today. They aren’t even doing it subtly by waiting a few weeks.

Better yet, he is waiting for them to publicly announce it and then announce Sunrise is doing the exact same thing…

2 Likes

Actually, Sunrise announced last week this initiative:

Besides, does it really matter in this case who decided to do what first? Personally, we should be applauding both shows for announcing plans to shine a spotlight on what many farmers are going through at the moment

6 Likes

Why is it always the case of Seven copies Nine etc. I’m pretty sure the whole Today show is bascially based off Sunrise anyway (but thats for another discussion) If Its for a good cause there really shouldnt be an issue.

2 Likes

Well, Today being based off of Sunrise circa 2003.

Maybe these days, but Today was on air long before Sunrise established itself to become the program it is now.

And just to be fair, I will acknowledge that Good Morning Australia was on air before Today. :wink:

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t. But the producers were not thinking about the farmers, instead:

“The other mob have thought of a great campaign, and might just get more ratings from this. I know, we will do double the amount of coverage, and dimiss it as our own idea.”

Announced this morning Woolworths donating $10,000 a day next week…

4 Likes

$50,000 is literally nothing compared to how much Woolies would regularly be spending on advertising, so it’s essentially cheaper advertising than normal.

Token nothing gesture.

6 Likes

At least it’s something that will be donated to farmers in need.
So tell me then how much do Woolworths spend nationally on advertising?

1 Like

Considering Chemist Warehouse spends over $100 million annually, Woolies would spend tens of millions.

$50k is absolutely nothing.

But that 50 grand is actually going to help some people in need, back to an excellent point that @Jeffmister made earlier at least now some help will given to farmers.

1 Like