Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

ABC Media Watch showing multiple instances of Seven Sunrise taking ABC News images and rebroadcasting them as their own without attribution. It makes a lie out of executive producer Pell’s claim that the policy of Sunrise is to always credit footage to the owner.

7 Likes

Mark Riley getting in on the action too.

1 Like

Absolutely pathetic attitude from Mark Riley, although it’s quite reflective of the current ego of Seven.

6 Likes

The Media Watch story on Sunrise.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4874222.htm

The whole thing is basically an editing error. They also had the report on the Trader Joe’s seige - then a throwback to Eddy - edit in the show - and the whole desk is laughing and carrying on as they throw to Sam.

It’s a dogs breakfast how they chop it up for the Perth news edits.

Oh wow, now 7 are releasing statements from Craig McPherson and tweeting it out and tagging ABC accounts.

I don’t know why broadcasters are relying on bugs and watermarks on the original vision to serve as attribution. It isn’t difficult to include a “courtesy of…” super on the top right of screen to acknowledge where vision used originated. It was common practice years ago. I hadn’t seen it for a while until Nine used such a super on Seven’s vision of that fatal car crash at Michelago last week.

2 Likes

Ten Eyewitness News do this regularly to attribute footage sourced some other news outlets, which lately has been more often than not.

1 Like

I seldom watch Ten News these days. I’ve become accustomed to seeing Seven and Nine use those full screen, sometimes scrolling watermarks on exclusive vision. I was happy to see Seven refrain from using such crass watermarks on that vision. Much more dignified given the circumstances. It’s a pity a certain Seven reporter ruined it by taking issue with other outlets lifting the footage in a Twitter rant.

Ten’s usual super

2 Likes

That was Seven’s mistake. Riley didn’t have multiple massive scrolling watermarks put across that Credlin vision yet he blames the ABC for his mistake.

There would be no need for hideous oversized watermarks in the middle of the screen if all networks properly attributed the source of the footage being shown…

3 Likes

ABC are being very hypocritical. If you go back to the night of the 4 corners interview, Ten News DID NOT credit ABC either, yet they are somehow off the hook.

1 Like

Yeah but nobody watches Ten, so wouldn’t have noticed…

5 Likes

Sadly true.

The Project says this on a regular basis. Including for copyright grounds with films / TV shows.

2 Likes

It’s a Summer Bay Sunrise

Australia’s favourite Home and Away stars to guest present weather all week

Join Sunrise every morning next week for a very special Summer Bay Breakfast.

From Monday, five Home and Away favourites are joining Australia’s #1 breakfast programme as guest weather presenters – delivering daily forecasts and fun from a surprise location each morning.

Swapping Summer Bay for Brekky Central are Ray Meagher (ALF STEWART), James Stewart (JUSTIN MORGAN), Penny McNamee (TORI MORGAN), Ada Nicodemou (LEAH PATTERSON), and Lynne McGranger (IRENE ROBERTS).

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Home and Away is the country’s favourite drama and we look forward to bringing some of the show’s biggest stars to Sunrise every morning next week. It’s going to be a fantastic five days.”

Don’t miss Sunrise’s Summer Bay Breakfast LIVE from 5.30am every morning next week (from Monday 30 July) on Seven and 7PLUS

5 Likes

Simon reading the first news break of the show. The show began with a tight shot of just the hosts and Monique looking towards Sally’s side saying “no problem.” They said Sally wasn’t there at the moment but she would be back soon.
Wonder what’s going on?

4 Likes

Sally arrived for 7:30 news and left before the end of the show.

2 Likes

6 Likes