Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Michael is a great host but I think Monique and Basil are a great duo. Plenty of chemistry; apparently they have known each other for more than 20 years.

Basil is also more like AOK and is more well known in Vic, SA and WA where WS dominates.

4 Likes

Special coverage tomorrow.

1 Like

Will Perth go live from 3am

5am was mentioned tonight during Perth’s news.

1 Like

Matt Tinney will air coverage from 7AM I think for Perth viewers given the time difference

So when did Sunrise begin today? Was it still 5am? When I went to bed last night the young boys were being freed from the cave, and 7 was live. Wondered if they continued through the night or took a break in coverage?

I tuned in at 4.55am and NBC Meet the Press was on. Sunrise started at 5am.

1 Like

Extended edition at 5am again tomorrow

3 Likes

But why? The rescues are over by then.

2 Likes

Special edition starting at 5am again this morning.

1 Like

Friday (13.07.2018): Matt Doran is co-hosting with Sam this morning. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news and Nelson Aspen is on Entertainment.

IMO, Beretts or Eddy should be hosting today, on Kochie’s normal day off and in Nat’s absence. There was absolutely no welcome to Matt from Sam nor even an explanation as to why Kochie wasn’t there.

3 Likes

Doesn’t David not work Fridays anymore? Or at least is being given extra days off here and there. There’s your explanation.

4 Likes

Kochie can have a Monday, Thursday or Friday off every week, some weeks he can go 5 days for 2-3 weeks without absences. Not every viewer would know this and to have Matt randomly appear (not a regular) was strange. The only thing that would make sense is if Doran is hosting over the weekend.

But I don’t think viewers need an “explanation”.

9 Likes

Matt was the regular fill in until Nat took over recently.

1 Like

Basil is back this weekend.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Always great to see Matt filling in on the show.

2 Likes

When introducing a story this morning, Mon & Baz spoke specifically about Rockingham & Mandurah being WA’s luckiest lotto suburbs. It almost felt standardised to Perth viewers. Perhaps just the Baz connection.

1 Like