Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

So making jdugements about whre he comes from and that perth is a bad seed Mitchell? lol wow…

You’re hillarious mate. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

He also commentates the AFL

Don’t trust anyone from Perth. Got it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I live in Perth and work out of Brisbane and the Gold Coast and currently in Sydney for 6 weeks. People do what they need to for their careers. And sometimes - just sometimes for the enjoyment.

5 Likes

Y’all know what a national newsroom with national producers for a national program means, right? That the center of the world is obviously in beautiful Perth.

If everything pans out as people say, Mitchell, give Basil a chance to make his mark.

It is good to see they are now using that Olympics’ set for all OBs.

Nat is strangely sitting on the RHS, next to Kochie (like they used to in 2006). I wonder if this will remain when they return to Brekky Central and os because Nat is now Kochie’s main fill-in.

Navy blue and red are being used on the supers.

4 Likes

Good news for you @Mitchell_Nock :

4 Likes

Perhaps they didn’t feel that a restaurant was an appropriate backdrop for news?

The graphics looks great in blue/red.

5 Likes

Monday - Tower Bridge

12 Likes

Hi @Salty, which region are these caps from? I ask because there appears to be a Seven News graphic cover up for the time part of the ticker on some of the pictures.

Edit: The caps are from the Sunrise Twitter, which does indeed show the Seven News cover up. Appears they forgot to take it off and it’s situated between the Sunrise ticker text and the back graphic. Love love the dark blue colour though.

2 Likes

It was fixed up after the first break.

4 Likes

I like that they have taken the desk over. Just adds a bit more purpose and stability compared to just sitting on stools in front of a landmark. Looks good.

6 Likes

There’s a lot of negative attention on social media this morning for the team being in London in the lead up to the royal wedding.

1 Like

It’s crazy how all of the ‘special event’ lower-thirds look much better than the ones they normally use

9 Likes
7 Likes

Why?

1 Like

I think because social media is inherently negative - especially on public profiles such as TV shows and public figures.

1 Like

Yeah but why were people being negative about them being in London? anti-royal? anti-foreign?

I’d say the majority of Australians would not have an interest in the royal wedding. Sure, the royal may sell magazines and there will be some interest in watching it on television but gone are the days of mass interest.

You could see this from the last few royal visits. They once generated crowds of hundreds of thousands. Now you’re lucky to get a few thousand or even hundreds.

From what I could see it was more “what a waste of money to send these privileged newsreaders to London”, “donate the money this trip cost to a charity” etc etc etc. Some random anti-royal stuff but really, the regular viewer would be fine. And people on the social commenting on a photo of them behind a desk in front of a bridge probably are not their target market.

1 Like