Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Because they told everyone they were going to do it.

On social media?

Social media and general media. They have been saying they were coming back all week.

I took that with a grain of salt. I didn’t think they would actually come back; it was just all threats.

I don’t see why it would have been an idle threat and it wasn’t. Don’t be surprised to see more when they’re back in Sydney.

Just go away protestors!! You have made your point loud and clear, going any further is as other people have said, reducing the amount of sympathy the public have for you!!!

1 Like

The point of a protest is to keep nagging so action is forced. You might not like it but it’s perfectly legitimate.

8 Likes

Plenty of people are thinking the same thing as me. Just look at their Facebook comments from Tuesday. They don’t need to keep protesting, it has gone too far now.

What incentive do they have to stop protesting, then?

They’re getting a lot of mileage out of it now because of the bad way Sunrise handled things initially.

Saturday (14.04.2018) -Sunday (15.04.2018): Michael Usher is co-hosting with Monique this weekend.

They are back at Brekky Central.

4 Likes

Why are you against me on this when like I keep saying most people and viewers of Sunrise are on my side?

I told you they were dismantling the set on the Gold Coast yesterday and they would likely be back presenting at Brekky Central this weekend. You tried to tell me I was wrong about that but it looks like I was right…

This isn’t a competition, it’s purely opinion based and neither is more right than the other. Sure it might be annoying and disruptive but the fact of the matter is that protesting is well within their rights, provided its done in a civil manner. Sunrise have really done themselves no favour here and really shouldn’t be surprised by the outcome there by actively inviting people to the back of their broadcast area on the beach given what happened in Martin Place as a result of their ridiculous segment and they would have been well aware of the planned protests during the games and that they would likely seek out opportunities to disrupt and/or make themselves and their overall presence heard.

7 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a competition; it’s two sides of an argument.

So if someone has a different opinion to you, there is no need to ask “Why are you against me on this?”

8 Likes

Can i write a book im loving the drama in this thread :grinning::grinning:

Im all for protestjng but it did become a situation thag waa getting o ut of control. Everyone has a right to proteesr providddd its organized and coordinated to ensure harm comes to the public.

Sunrise did shoot itself with segment though.

2 Likes

They came to the Gold Coast to protest during the Commonwealth Games. The Games are still on so they will continue to protest. It isn’t all about Sunrise.
Come Monday, they’ll leave the GC but will more than likely rock up again in Martin Place due to Sunrise’s woeful handling of the situation.

3 Likes

Went out for a few hours and saw heaps of action in this thread on my return, thought Foxtel must have won the rights to Sunrise too.

9 Likes