Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Jacqueline Felgate is presenting news and Nuala Hafner is presenting weather this weekend.

Seven’s news and current affairs boss Craig McPherson has poached Nine producer David Eccleston back to the network to oversee Weekend Sunrise from Monday.

[Daily Telegraph] (http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_MRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/seven-vs-nine-the-first-strike-in-2016-tv-wars/story-fni0cx12-1227694805294&memtype=anonymous) (Full article is behind a paywall).

1 Like

Sam is over in LA, still on holidays.

Sam Mac is on weather this morning

Here is an accessible article about Nine Producer Eccleston: http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/01/seven-poaches-nine-producer.html
Interesting that they mentioned Stinson might be promoted to Director of Morning Television when Pell has been ditched. I am sure she will do some great things if that is the case.

Today is Andrew’s last day, as mentioned on Weekend Sunrise, before he goes on holidays. On Twitter, Eddy told me she will be co-hosting Sunrise for the next couple of weeks and will return to her weather duties on Monday the 18th. Nat said on Friday she is off for three weeks and will return on Jan 25.

In terms of a relauch, Feb 1 could be a possibility. Seven programming returns on Feb 1 with HnA and MKR especially aince Today will likely relaunch on Jan 25.

1 Like

Stinson is currently EP on TMS correct?

So if they created a ‘Director of Morning TV’ (to oversee Seven Early News, Sunrise, The Morning Show & Seven Morning News), would there still be an EP for Sunrise & The Morning Show?

Wonder if there would be a presenter shake-up? There have been lots of fill-ins, etc.

I hope the keep Rebecca Maddern on both Melbourne Correspondent & main News fill-in. Although she has been busy with Seven Melbourne.

Thanks for updates @nationalnews l thought Eddy would move into co-hosting from tomorrow.
So probably Sam Mac or Nuala Hafner on weather?

2 Likes

Looks like Bec is on news again this week :+1: [according to her twitter].

I think a refresh will be Jan 25, when Nat returns and the team will probably be all back in place.
That’s 2 weeks before ratings and the same timing as their refresh back in 2010.

IF (big IF) there is a relaunch I agree it would be then. They will probably free up the studio by presenting from the Aus Open the week before.

[quote=“spw68, post:29, topic:69, full:true”]
I think a refresh will be Jan 25, when Nat returns and the team will probably be all back in place. That’s 2 weeks before ratings and the same timing as their refresh back in 2010.
[/quote] It could also be mid/late year. Today’s will most likely be on Jan 25 so why relaunch both on the same day?

Or could be never. I suspect though if it was to happen at this time of year it would be Jan 25. Yes the shows look to each other as competition of course, but timelines of relaunches are rarely dependant on the competitions own timeline as that is not a sustainable way to conduct business (and it is a guessing game anyway).

Early News and Morning News would surely be under News, so the Morning TV director would have limited oversight of those.

1 Like

Edwina Bartholomew & Mark Beretta are hosting this week with Rebecca Maddern presenting news, Simon Reeve presenting sport and Andrew Morley on weather.

1 Like

Omg… Now they’re getting former H&A stars to do weather

Tomorrow the show will be live from the Gold Coast for the Magic Millions.

1 Like

Very smart tactics on the latest Sunrise promo here in Melbourne, The whole promo uses footage of Rebecca Madden presenting stories from the show. Personalises it to the market nicely.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing it the whole time she is on news. Works very well.

[quote=“Leostar, post:37, topic:69, full:true”]
Very smart tactics on the latest Sunrise promo here in Melbourne, The whole promo uses footage of Rebecca Madden presenting stories from the show. Personalises it to the market nicely.
[/quote] Not too sure about elsewhere, but Queensland’s local promo is really annoying. And yes, when Kendall was filling in for Nat, they emphasized on that.

This week they have an ex-engineer and water ski champion hosting; last week it was an ex-lawyer and comedian.
Isn’t Andrew Morley a lifestyle reporter down south these days?