Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Jeez that blue tinge still looks awful. Even worse with green…

The first and fourth images are pretty bad quality!!

Apologies sir l should strive for perfection in the future like you do in each of your posts in Seven threads! :crazy_face:

16 Likes

I didn’t mean to sound rude, it was just an observation. The Seven stream must have been quite bad this morning.

New to this thread. Interested to know where is Sunrise on the Gold Coast being presented from?

From the GC news studio or somewhere else?

Salty bringing unprecedented levels of sass to the forums and I’m all here for it. Yaaas sister

9 Likes

On the beach in a temporary studio constructed at Broadbeach, a suburb a few kilometres south of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast.

Welcome to the thread, by the way :grinning:

Thanks.

Anyone been there to have a look? If I knew between what street over the road from the beach, it’d be helpful with parking/access/avoiding traffic jams/road closures etc

1 Like

Sunrise won every day last week, particularly strong on Thursday and Friday with Comm Games lead in. Lead over Nine’s Today was almost 60,000.

6 Likes

Are those figures adjusted?

It’s right next to Kurrawa Park/Beach near where all the festival activities are happening and one of the media centres, off Old Burleigh Road/Broadbeach Boulevard.

2 Likes

They’ll be having another wedding ceremony on air. This will take place in Fiji.

I can’t remember the last time they did this but it was after when Sam got the gig.

1 Like

This is a f**king joke.

3 Likes

You can tell that this is another Michael Pell idea since all he likes to do is take the show on holidays!! I do agree, it is a joke.We don’t need a wedding every year on Sunrise and I hate seeing them. To be fair though, this is mainly due to my failing love life but that’s going off topic.

I really don’t think it’s a coincidence that Fiji was chosen as the location of the wedding, given that’s where Bachelor in Paradise is being filmed.

Anyway, it appears as though Sunrise will be finishing at around 9:17 am AEST rather than the scheduled 9:03 am AEST for the rest of the week like it did last Friday for the rest of the Commonwealth Games while it is airing live into Perth to still allow Perth news to show at 7:00 in WA as I said last Friday.

Gosh. How dreadful! And because no other show has done the same thing?

Have you considered that these “holidays” are most likely paid product placements they are not just vanity trips made on the whim of Mr Pell. Seven’s sales department have probably been working to secure these, and they would require a lot of logistics to put together I’m sure Seven would not be doing it unless there was a commercial incentive to do so.

4 Likes

Oh please, I know how much members on this forum love to criticise Michael Pell and the ideas he has for the show. Why is it all of a sudden a bad thing that I talk him down???

So you’re only doing it because everyone else is?

Also if you want to “talk someone down” at least have a reason to do so. Accusing “all he likes to do is take the show on holidays!!” is not a reason. How do you know he doesn’t dread taking the show on tour? It would create a s**tload more work for him.

7 Likes

So now I need a reason. Well it would be what other members were saying about how he just likes to do his own thing and turn the show into a joke by not keeping the focus on news etc. I’m not the biggest fan of some of his ideas and this one definitely not but I still like the show because of the hosts. By the way, I highly doubt he dreads taking it on tour, it would be the complete opposite. How can you not love working in paradise where they will be broadcasting from in Fiji?

Oh the naivety :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

because it would be hard work, harder than sitting at his desk in Martin Place, being thousands of miles away, and he’s got how many crew / staff under his watch and a million things to cover off in time for the next show.

I’m sure he’s not sitting back all day drinking pina coladas. He’s probably barely going to be outdoors.

3 Likes