Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

According to NBC’s Today, yes. Female cohosts are all the rage.

3 Likes

Eddy not only went to the Grammys red carpet to report for Sunrise, she also filed a report on the awards for Seven News’ evening bulletin today. It is rare to hear the sign off “Edwina Bartholomew, Seven News”.

4 Likes

She has done entertainment reports for Seven News regarding big entertainment events like the Oscars etc before.

I know this happened ages ago, but can I just say how ugly the wooden floor boards make the set look.
They should of just kept the marble but because of Seven News it made it harder which just strengthens the argument that Seven News should be kicked out to a purpose built area to a redesigned newsroom.

1 Like

Not sure what the news set has to do with it - they lay the same glossy black panels down over the floor whether it’s marble or timber or that beige coloured stuff that they used to have.

2 Likes

No, my understanding from what I’ve heard is that the wooden floor boards were only installed so they can keep the black ones there and have two seperate areas rather than having to remove them to show the marble. Meaning now they only have to cover the bit for weather.

1 Like

As beautiful as that marble is, it just made the whole Sunrise set look way too cold:

8 Likes

I’m not sure I follow.

What does the flooring underneath have anything to do with their ability to leave the black panels down in some parts of the studio but not others?

2 Likes

Sam Mac will be presenting the weather from New Zealand’s North Island next week. IMG_20180202_094830

2 Likes

If anyone knows the locations could you let me know.

I have time off and might go off and visit the locations they are at to see the set up/own crew or local.

1 Like

Monday - Weta Workshop, Wellington
Tuesday - Wellington Waterfront
Wednesday - Boomrock
Thursday - Sawmill Brewery, Matakana
Friday - Sculptureum, Matakana

3 Likes

I have to say I’m a little disappointed with this itinerary for his NZ trip next week. When I first heard he was going there next week I got all excited since I went there on holiday last year. I went just about everywhere on the North Island and I’ve never heard of these places, bar Wellington!! Where’s Auckland itself, the Bay of Plenty region, Rotorua & Lake Taupo? Why is he wasting two days in Wellington and two in Matakana? He should be in a different city/town each day, not different places in the same city/town!! As usual I’m let down by one of Sunrise’s trip itineraries because they don’t seem to know the meaning of actually covering the whole area they say they are going to cover…

2 Likes

Usually they are sponsored by tourism companies who are wanting to highlight certain activities/features to boost their profiles.
They are looking for what makes the best TV and in the full descriptions for what he’ll be doing (on the Sunrise site) seem to correlate with this.

(He technically is going to be in wider Auckland though at Matakana and Auckland is boring anyway).

I do agree it’d be nice to go to other areas though, but the event is sponsored by Auckland and Wellington tourism organisations.

7 Likes

I don’t think so. He could have gone up the Sky Tower or to Piha Beach where part of Seven’s own 800 Words is filmed or Waiheke Island. I probably am being biased because those are the places I went to but they were all rather lovely and certainly not boring!!

3 Likes

Haha, I live in Auckland hence my skepticism but glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.

2 Likes

Really? How are you a moderator of this site that is based on Australian TV networks then? How can you even follow Australian TV networks and watch what they are screening etc across the ditch? I really struggled when I was there haha.

I like to think of myself as a neutral observer, interested in media worldwide.

Back on topic now folks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

That’s pretty cool. They’ve done some awesome work, especially with the latest Blade Runner 2049. All of the city shots were real miniatures in that film done by WETA.

1 Like

Basil Zempilas co-hosting with Monique this weekend.

6 Likes

Michael Usher was in Adelaide last night for the news.

2 Likes