Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I wonder why Eddy needs to be there :thinking:

Because Eddy needs to be everywhere, well everywhere where a big entertainment event is happening :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Junket

Nat co-hosting with Sam and Monique Wright reading news this morning.
Kochie is off sick.

5 Likes

It probably has more to do with being employed by Seven for Sunday Night which typically involves a lot of travel. Add to that his Foxtel commitments.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was so surprised to see two female co-hosts this morning, I almost had to do a double-take to see if I wasn’t still sleeping/dreaming. When was the last time this happened on Sunrise? Normally they always follow the male-female co-host thing. It does look much better this way rather than having two females. Now the team looks unbalanced with 3 females and only 1 male, Beretts at the desk. I wonder if this means we’ll be seeing two male co-hosts sometime in the future too if they are willing to do so with the females, like Kochie and Michael Usher or Matt Doran together, anybody?

I dunno, I’d personally rather just see 2 perfectly capable hosts presenting together rather than plonking some male in there just because of an outdated view that just because it’s usually a male and female that that is the way that it should be come time when they require someone to fill-in when the regular host is away sick.

9 Likes

Is this view really outdated?

Also, I was slightly confused this morning since Sam did the Newsfeed when normally it’s Kochie that does it. If Nat was filling in for Kochie supposedly, then shouldn’t Nat have done the Newsfeed?

Yes. It should be the best person for the job, regardless of gender.

10 Likes

Do you dream a lot about Seven?

1 Like

No no, just because it was so early in the morning and all I was just using this as an expression to say how shocked I was to see Sam and Nat together co-hosting, since Sunrise haven’t been brave enough to do this much in the past.

C’mon, you can tell us the truth. You’re amongst friends.

1 Like

That is the gospel truth. There are more important things in my life I dream about believe me and Seven is not one of them. Anyway, stay on topic please. I told you it was just an expression of how shocked I was to see the two female co-hosts thing happening, like I think many of you would have been.

Get used to it. It’s 2018.

1 Like

From what I can gather, everyone is just assuming Michael Usher got the Weekend Sunrise job based on a Wikipedia edit with no source by a guy called Rob? Has there been an official release, or even a Tweet, from the actual source?

2 Likes

But someone heard it on the radio, so it must be true…

5 Likes

Surely Nat could fill in for Kochie on the 5th day, with Eddy on news.

If NBC Today can do it five days a week Sunrise can do it one day a week.

Nat certainly deserves it, and is a better fit than Musher imo.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think they have the best chemistry. Georgie and Lisa on Today (who were the first Australian female breakfast Tv duo) were prime. Maybe Mel Doyle and Nat would have been better?

Nat co-hosted with Monique on Weekend Sunrise in 2015,and I think over three days with Sam in the same year.

IIRC, Nat only co-hosted with Mel once, in late 2009 IIRC.

2 Likes

Source?

No, they used to host regularly back before Martin Place studios.

2 Likes